“Dinner at the top of the piano”
Review of Il Caminetto

Il Caminetto
Ranked #47 of 193 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Scheduled to reopen on November 1, 2017. We are currently closed for renovations as we prepare to join our new family of restaurants under the Toptable Group. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Have you ever had a dinner at the top of the piano? I did now and it was really great! Friendly chat with a very talented musician and her husband, nice food especially ossobuco and oysters... Love this place!
It's let you relax, rethink what have you done today at the slopes and what crazy things will you do tomorrow....

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We turned up without a reservation (party of 6) & were politely shown to a table in the bar. The slightly stiff service relaxed a little as we chatted through the menu & ordered drinks. The waiter was very helpful & the food was amazing. Shame the pianist wasn't playing but once the initial atmos thawed we had one of our best nights in Whistler.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We should have come here first than the Araxia. The fare is fresh and different from traditional Italian Restaurant. The dessert is absolutely fantastic - we are big foodies. Wine is excellent. Service is excellent. I'm cancelling my next dinner reservation and going back. Celebrating our Honeymoon! whoo hoo!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I must have had an off night at Umbertos in light of all the other reviews. The first thing was to be told all the things on the menu that were not available - which was quite a long list. Next the Peppercorn crusted goat's cheese arrived and I could see no sign nor taste of peppercorns which I was assured were the tiny brown smudges on the rind. So just a fairly ordinary bit of goats cheese on some lettuce for $20. Finally the salmon arrived and was not properly cooked so had to be sent back. Portions are small, prices are high and I have eaten far better food in Whistler at much lower prices - but without the wood panelling or table linen. Finally when it came to pay the bill the three automated tip options on the card reader started from 15% upwards. Fortunately they had an option to enter your own tip manually.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This place is great for dates, and/or groups of foodie friends. The menu is always very interesting, and offers something for everyone. Prices are elevated, but then so is the ambiance, as well as the quality and presentation of the food. Portions could be bigger, but then again, I'm a 6'3" hunger machine. They also have an extensive wine list to choose from. I came here the last time I was in Whistler, and had to take another group of friends here again... I have not been disappointed!