“Dont leave this place off your list of "must do" restaurants”
Review of Il Caminetto

Il Caminetto
Ranked #43 of 193 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Scheduled to reopen on November 1, 2017. We are currently closed for renovations as we prepare to join our new family of restaurants under the Toptable Group. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been visiting Whistler now for 14 years and have always had a great meal at this place.
The range of wines are unbelievable and the food never disappoints.

There are newer reviews for Il Caminetto

Reviewed August 17, 2013

my husband and I were tired after a long day of travelling so we wanted a nice dinner in a romantic settting and my husband loves Italian. I had the halibut with cannelloni beans and garlic butter sauce - it was devine

Reviewed August 15, 2013

my party of 4 trying to celebrate my 65 th birthday decided to have a nice meal at this establishment & as several friends have eaten there before over several years recommended to go here & I had eaten there probably 30 years ago decided OK .what a bad decision it turned out to be. The restaurant wasn't very busy ( July 31 st) but we were not treated as expected ( not that it was a big deal) but for a "fancy" restaurant" not impressive.now the food.... Apps Steamed Mussels were good but not all eatable ???then I ordered a basic Linguini Clam souce (how simple) the clams I think had swam upriver before the chef could cook them & the pasta was not cooked enough ,not wanting to make a scene I was quite prepared to eat the meal but my wife (who has eaten there several times in her younger years) discussed the problem with the waiter & a second meal was presented which was not much better than the first.now no explanation or apology was presented or an offer of a dessert or retribution of the mistake was offered, which I think in a supposed high class expensive establishment which was presented(as per advertising) was disappointing. I am not a chef but I know my own home made Pasta meals would put to shame what was offered to me on that evening.oh by the way my Wife,s & friends meals were acceptable & the wine was fine.I don't think that We will have a return visit as there are better restaurants in the area for the money (& service) shame as a great setting in a beautiful area of B.C. T&T Sechelt B.C.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a large group here for dinner. The service was great and the food was out of this world good!
I had the ossobuco for the main and it was perfect. The lemon tart was my choice for desert and again my taste buds cheered!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I used to come to this restaurant a lot, especially to bring clients or with my husband. Had dinner there on Saturday night and have to say that i will never go back. The food was absolutely terrible this time. The caprese salad was fine i guess, altough i asked for some fresh basil and never got it. Ordered the sablefish dish and it was seriously half the size i remembered it to be (actually i always take pictures so it was in fact maybe even a third of the portion) and it was so tasteless and gross. The crust was not what was mentioned on the menu, but stale breadcrumbs or something. There was a miniscule amount of spinach for veggies and that was all the veggies! it was laughable when the dish came out and how empty the plate was. I really wanted to send the plate back, but the server never came to say how our food was...jus the bus person to clear. It was ridiculous. My husband always has veal and thought it was the worst one he has ever had (the breading was way too much and again stale). SO, i was still hungry and asked if they have a cheese plate on the menu. This italian restaurant has no cheese plate on their dessert menu!! First time i have seen that. The server said he is sure the ''chef'' can put something together, only to come back 10 min later to say no, sorry, no cheese plate. So we opted for chocolate cake and it was a pre-made not impressive at all cake. So no pastry chef either, but they do charge like their are real chefs back there. Absolutely terrible. We went to Rim rock the night before and it was great! And Araxi for lunch and it was amazing, as usual and our lunch bill was $50 and I was full and our dinner bill was $250 and i was still hungry. Save your time and money, go to one the other restaurants (i know, the choices in the village are minimal).

1  Thank michelle f