“Simply fantastic”
Review of Ciao-Thyme Bistro - CLOSED

Ciao-Thyme Bistro
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We provide fresh and healthy meals daily! The best espresso bar in the Upper VIllage!
Aboyne, United Kingdom
“Simply fantastic”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I ate here twice on our trip to Whistler: once for breakfast before heading up the slopes and once for a birthday dinner. Both were excellent. I was in a rush so only ordered the granola cup and orange juice, but I was surprised at how flavoursome both were, and they were sufficient to last me a whole morning's skiing.

The dinner was one of the best meals I have ever had. The duck I had was perfectly cooked and so tasty. Even though there was only one member of staff serving and the restaurant was very nearly full, service still could not be faulted. It added up to a great evening and I would highly recommend Ciao-Thyme Bistro to anyone visiting Whistler.

Lambton Shores, Canada
“Food issues”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We ordered the red snapper and a salmon dish. The red snapper was poorly presented. The risotto was all heaped on top of the fish and was buried so much that you weren't sure if there was a fish under there. It also was not cooked well. Another member of the family had salmon and was overcooked. One of the other members meals didn't arrive until we had all finished the meal. They did compensate with a discount and free desserts but for an established restaurant and not overly busy, this was a mistake that should not have happened!

Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Thyme to enjoy”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a small room, but the flavors are living large here.
We had the lamb shanks, paired with a Chianti,
One of the best meals I have had in a restaurant, the lamb was fall off the bone tender, and not overdone, served with Gnocchi, and presented with an artist's flair.
Attentive staff rounded off the experience.

Vancouver, Canada
“great lunch”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

A casual restaurant with creative menu and at reasonable cost. Fast service.
Suitable for family with kids as well. Recommend it.

Seattle, Washington
“I recommend, even with 3 picky teens”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

A second endorsement for the duck with risotto and the lamb shank, but I enjoyed the pea shoots gnocchi. The seafood special (rock cod, for us) was also very good.
We came in for dinner one evening two weeks ago, having been crowded of out Merlin's by W/B employee night. I spent more than I was planning (I wouldn't have thought to take the kids here), but it was very worthwhile, and everyone was happy with the entrees and desserts. Our kids, who don't like risotto and have become pretty conservative in general, complained about the menu. Before long, they cleaned their plates off, shared bites from everyone's plate, and raved as the place slowly filled around us. My wife and I are pretty discriminating - we lived in Milan for a couple years - but this is one of the better meals we've had in the past couple years.
Service was very friendly and knowledgeable, and we were able to walk in at 6:30! (vs.45 minute waits at the other places in the Upper Village).
We heard they've been having trouble staffing during the day (Comment was related to the recent arrival of good snow after a 2 month drought).
We'll be back next year!

• Visited February 2014