“Great Pub in the heart of Whistler”
Review of Black's Pub

Black's Pub
Ranked #60 of 193 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Whistler Tradition! Blacks Pub and Restaurant is one of Whistler's oldest establishments and continues to set the standard in great value for food and service. Located at the base of Whistler and Blackcomb gondolas, Blacks is the perfect place to round off your day of mountain activity, whether it's sitting on our patio or restaurant downstairs, or enjoying the best view in town from our pub upstairs.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a very busy weekend in Whistler with a Kranked biking event taking place and the pub was packed but we still had great service. I must say the pepperoni pizza I ordered was simply the best I have had in years! My companions ordered hamburgers and fries and were pleased with their ample servings. We ordered local beer brewed in Whistler and Powell River and loved the flavour. The pub is conveniently situated close to the base of the ski lift. We sat outside and
and watched the stream of happy holidayers pass by. Great atmosphere! Fair prices considering Whistler can be an expensive place to eat out. The menu offered a great selection from appy's, pasta, salads, steaks......something for every appetite. We all enjoyed the Black's Pub experience!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Upper deck of the restaurant is awesome. Food is good and service was good as well. Pretty good value for $$.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We picked Blacks' because of it's great view of the Crankworx mountain biking event, and the restaurant's very generous attitude about pets on the terrace (in this very pet-friendly town). My wife and I and our two pre-teen children enjoyed our meals. We didn't order anything fancy - no coulis, entrecote or garam masala. We had beer, burgers and fries and kids' meals and we really enjoyed it. We'll go back again next time we're in town (even if the dog doesn't come with us).

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We chose Black’s pub because of it’s location. Close to the Crankworx bike event at the base of the mountain. We have enjoyed many an afternoon sitting outdoors in the Whistler village. People watching, eating and drinking. But not here.

Our waitress was nice enough, the food was good enough, but the vibe was very “get in-get out”. I am not a fan, nor do I appreciate such an attitude. Attitudes such as this are largely brought on by greedy/shortsighted owner/management. It’s quite simple. If you don’t want me to stay and continue to pay you for food and drink, I will happily spend my time and money elsewhere. And very easily forget your establishment exists.

Also we were sitting outside( by choice) and the weather was cold. When asked to have the heaters turned on we were told by the manager that heaters didn’t work.

It goes to show, waitress OK, food OK, vibe not OK(rushed and not really accommodating) = will not return.

Read my other reviews for better places to have a great time in Whistler.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Really dissapointed with this place. Just wanted a light snack and a drink to hold us over until dinner. Ordered the $11 caeser salad, a beer, and a pop. After a long wait the server came over and said she had accidently thrown away the slip she had written our order on so she had to retake our order..really?! Eventually our salad arrives and we are dismayed to find that it barely overtops the average sized soup bowl it comes in. The grilled lemon on the side makes it look rather gourmet and I am willing to forgive and forget at this point until we take a bite and discover that the dressing is that boxed powdery crap that remains very gritty if not reconstituted properly. Why bother with a grilled lemon when you are serving the lowest quality dressing you can get? All in it cost us nearly $40 and we left feeling very ripped off!