“Over priced, limited menu, poor service”
Review of Black's Pub

Black's Pub
Ranked #82 of 197 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Whistler Tradition! Blacks Pub and Restaurant is one of Whistler's oldest establishments and continues to set the standard in great value for food and service. Located at the base of Whistler and Blackcomb gondolas, Blacks is the perfect place to round off your day of mountain activity, whether it's sitting on our patio or restaurant downstairs, or enjoying the best view in town from our pub upstairs.
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Over priced, limited menu, poor service - what more do you want to know? Went for dinner one night and waited forever for our food and the server didn't come by often enough to replenish our drinks ... another time ... our whole group met there for lunch and I was disappointed that in the dead of winter there were very few "warm-you-up" meal / soup options. And the service was even worse at lunch.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Whistler can be hit and miss when it comes to restaurants with lots of turnover. Black's, at 20, is almost a venerable veteran by Whistler standards, and it shows. They have consistently good food and have utilized their unique location at the upper end of the village to their advantage, both patios providing great views out over the mountains. For me the upstairs pub is the better option with outdoor seating spread along the balcony. I had one of the best lamb dishes (with a fabulous tartine) I've eaten in a long time, and my wife liked her pizza. Friends were equally happy with their meals. On another visit I had a terrific duck entree. The "international beer list" is a bit disappointing -- long on international, short on quality (Belgium relegated to the ubiquitous and uninteresting Stella Artois?), but they had a great BC Scotch ale on tap. All in all a friendly, reliable place.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hamburgers were fine. Pizzas had soggy crust and the roast beef sandwich special had really tough meat. If just going for burgers would be fine, but I don't think we'd go back for anything else.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The service was very friendly but the food was bad, definitely was not worth the money! I agree you can do better elsewhere in the village!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Good view of the mountain. Waitress was friendly. My french fries were very good.