“Officially closed.”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Diego, California
“Officially closed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I had been coming to Bavaria every winter season for the last 7 years. I'm sad it closed down but I must say that I became quite disappointed by the fact that the portions seemed to get smaller and the prices higher by the year. You could not help feeling ripped-off. I shall miss their fondue and raclette. The atmosphere was lively and the decor colorful. Oh well!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Tishlf

Victoria, Canada
“The Bavaria no Longer Exists - Closed Down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Only writing this review so readers don't make plans and get disappointed by showing up to an empty space.

I have heard mixed reviews on this place. But can give it a solid 5* rating based on what I ate here for a brunch last Mother's Day and it was well presented with fabulous eggs benedict, cheese selections, too many items to list....

The music was traditional European style which was distracting to me but went with the territory.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Victoriabound
Seattle
“Don't bother.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Toughest schnitzel ever and no flavor. Food is expensive and not authentic. Save your money and disappointment.

• Visited March 2013
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Terrible business practices!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was part of a group of 12 people that were in town during a major MTB competition. Whistler was extremely crowded, and we knew it would be difficult to get into local restaurants with such a large group. I made an online reservation at Bavaria three weeks before we were scheduled to be there for our group. I received an immediate confirmation, and then another follow up confirmation just days before we were to arrive. On the evening of our dinner reservation, we walked roughly a mile from our hotel to the restaurant only to find a sign on the door which read "We are unexpectedly closed". No explanation. No phone call or apology even the day of. So there we were, a party of 12 at 6:30pm on a Saturday during one of the busiest tourist weekends of the summer. We ended up having to eat at a fast food place as no other restaurant could accommodate us last minute To make matters even worse, I received an automated email a few days later asking how my experience at Bavaria was...clearly they weren't canceling any reservations, just ignoring them. I would advise anyone to avoid this place, unless they want their plans ruined without so much as a notification or apology.

• Visited August 2013
Surprise, Arizona
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was the first night for a brand new cook. Our waiter (Mark) had to send back each of our three courses to be redone. Mark - was excellent. He even offered to put more money in the metered parking, since it took two hours for three very simple dishes. One dish was a salad.

• Visited August 2013