“Fantastic Experience”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 99
Reviewed October 28, 2012

While having dinner, our server went above and beyond her duties to accommodate our family (especially to my baby nephew).

Reviewed October 13, 2012

To be honest, the only reason we ate here was because we had a $50 voucher. But we were glad we did. As vegetarians, sometimes we have trouble finding a decent meal - but it was pasta night, and two of the dishes were meat free - the wild mushroom linguine and the "mac and cheese" (pasta shells with real white cheddar and black truffles). With side salads (Caesar and Caprese Salad) and garlic bread, the meal came to exactly $50, and we had enough left over for breakfast the next day. Great tasting, healthy portions, and decent service. The amber ale on tap (Stanley Park I think) was also very good. I'd go here again, even if I didn't have a $50 voucher.

1  Thank Craig B
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were staying at the Westin Whistler last weekend and have eaten dinner at the restaurant. We had high expectations as we have eaten there before on our last trip over 5 years ago. The service was slow but the food was excellent then. We wanted to order the feature of the day, a rib-eye and was told it was sold out and there was a substitute, a striploin. So, it was ordered and when it arrived, all there was on the very large plate was the steak and a pile of mash potato. That's it! It didn't look appetizing and there were no vegetables, garnish or other sides. Costing over $30 for the dish, I had expected more. The dish just looked incomplete. The steak ordered was suppose to be medium rare and it was undercooked as it was raw inside. We were very disappointed, but we didn't complain as the service was good but food were coming out really slow and they seem to be understaffed, so we didn't want the hassle of waiting longer and just wanted to finish our dinner and get out of there. The other entrée were o.k. not spectacular. I forgot what my friend ordered but he complained that it was too salty. Overall it was a disappointing dinner. However, we had the Kobe burger at lunch and it was delicious with a great bbq sauce and a super soft and slightly sweet bun but again service was very very slow. Not good if you are in a hurry like we were.

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Just got into town and needed some food. Not high on eating at a hotel restaurant when there are tons of places in the village but time and a tired kid was of the essence.
Friday night was a lobster special. Lobster & crab chowder to start and a tenderloin & 1/2 Maine lobster entree. $29 was the cost and it was perfect. Quality and bang for the buck was outstanding. Staff was right on top of it even though they may have been understaffed for the night. No problem bringing in kids too. Changed my mind on hotel restaurants. Would go back again for sure.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family (including all my in-laws) were in Whistler for a wedding, and hadn't made plans for any family meals together, so we decided Sunday brunch would be a good time to get together. The great thing about the Westin Aubergine Grill is that is one of the very few places that would take reservations for a large group for brunch. I booked for 15-20 of us...and 30 people showed up! I can't say enough about how well the staff at the Aubergine accommodated our group and the outstanding service we received. The excellent service complimented the wonderful food, especially the made-to-order eggs benedict at the brunch buffet counter (totally beats the eggs benny that you find at most buffets) it was fantastic. What a great brunch, what great service...what more could you ask for?