“Lovely Meal”

Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 188 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Whistler Village Square
Description: The culinary cornerstone in the heart of Whistler Village, Araxi enjoys a long held international reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. As an early pioneer of farm to table dining, Executive Chef James Walt's seasonally focused menus celebrate the excellence of locally sourced ingredients. Walt's innovative and skillfully executed dishes-from savoury starters through delicious desserts-deliver intelligent compositions and unforgettable flavours. Centrally located in the main square of the village, Araxi boasts a contemporary dining room coloured in warm earth tones - and a sleek Oyster Bar that exudes the passion and craftsmanship that lie at the heart of the restaurant. The lively lounge, which features a year-round indoor/outdoor bar, is Whistler's favourite gathering place for both locals and visitors alike.
UK
“Lovely Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Visited here in April for our wedding meal. Food was first class. I started with the octopus and prawns followed by the Halibut - both were delicious and I was disappointed not to have room for the amazing cheese selection.
Service was good, quite formal, but I would highly recommend for a special occasion.

1 Thank UkSkigirl

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice food in a rush environment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The food is pretty good..fine dining...great ambience.
We made a reservation so we saved the issue of waiting. It's undeniably one of the well-recommended restaurants at Whistler. We visited here on our 2nd night.
Service was excellent while serving, and giving us recommendations on what is on the menu and what oysters to choose from. There is a huge variety of oysters by the way, and I bet I had the great oysters over at Araxi which gave me a very good impression. However, once we finished our meal, we were receiving many interruptions from the waiters/waitresses on whether we still need anything and even before we asked for bill, it was handed to us.. Well, I understand about the long queue every night but it's really quite stressful to be requested to pay up and leave when we just finished our food. That's a minus point. Probably, I recommend people to visit the restaurant during non-peak hours. Then, you will likely enjoy a better time.

1 Thank yagiza
Seattle
“Consistent fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

One of the few places where taste & presentation and service match up with the prices. It's our treat to ourselves when we go to Whistler. Had a multi choice separate vegetarian menu by request. Mushroom risotto one of the best I've had. Friends were pleased with the tuna nicoise & steaks. We shared donuts and chocolate fondant which were a great way to complete dinner.

• Visited April 2014
“Don't rush me.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Dined here with a close friend and chose to have a few starters rather than main courses. The menu is very seafood oriented, with only a few other options. Pricing is what your would expect for such a fine establishment.

However, as nice as the waiter was, I absolutely despise being continually interrupted during a meal. I find it unprofessional when plates are cleared while people are still eating. It gives me the sense of being rushed. I did not appreciate this, especially considering the expensive and no doubt profitable bottle of wine we had purchased.

The atmosphere is very nice, although the standard of dress required seems to have dropped. Nonetheless, I would still return to Araxi, and I would recommend to my friends. Maybe I just had a rough day on the slopes!

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was one of the best meals we have had in a while - the service was excellent and the food was gorgeous. I had the oyster starter which was divine. The place was packed and the atmosphere was excellent. Ok, it's not cheap but it was a great evening - recommended!