“Something special”

Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 197 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Whistler Village Square
Description: The culinary cornerstone in the heart of Whistler Village, Araxi enjoys a long held international reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. As an early pioneer of farm to table dining, Executive Chef James Walt's seasonally focused menus celebrate the excellence of locally sourced ingredients. Walt's innovative and skillfully executed dishes-from savoury starters through delicious desserts-deliver intelligent compositions and unforgettable flavours. Centrally located in the main square of the village, Araxi boasts a contemporary dining room coloured in warm earth tones - and a sleek Oyster Bar that exudes the passion and craftsmanship that lie at the heart of the restaurant. The lively lounge, which features a year-round indoor/outdoor bar, is Whistler's favourite gathering place for both locals and visitors alike.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had been told that Araxi was THE place to eat in Whistler, and boy was that true! Having lived on a diet of fondue and burgers over 10 prior days in various parts of Canada, the refined menu, tastes, ingredients and service of this little gem were just perfect. This, honestly, was one of the most memorable meals I have ever had.

When you add to this the fact that we're not millionaires (hence fondue and burgers beforehand) and yet were able to enjoy three courses and a bottle of bubbles (the Cava is VERY reasonably priced, and quite tasty) without feeling as though we had broken the bank, this really is a restaurant you have to visit if you're in Whistler.

Highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,215)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Centrally located, Araxi is easily one of the best restaurants in Whistler. I started with sashimi and my family had the soup. Faultless! The entrees included saddle of rabbit with pork cheek wrapped in prosciutto, beef tenderloin and local fish prepared with Asian inspired flavour .....awesome.

Service is excellent in a busy room, that certainly isn't too loud. The oyster bar looked fabulous as well. Great wine list and cocktails.

World class....Gordon Ramsay wouldn't have done as well as these guys !!!!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Very nicely decked out for the occasion. Lovely attentive staff (but not overly so) and great food. Loved the oysters.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Supposedly one of the best restaurants in Whistler, B.C.but they need to instruct their employees on how to treat their customers. We were on a waiting list for a table and one in the bar area. I discovered one in the bar arena without a reserved sign on it and immediately sat in it. My daughter and friend were told it was reserved (?) but noone showed up while we were in the area. We spotted an empty chair at the bar and I sat in it. A "nice" bartender approached me to inquire what I would like to drink. Asked about their martinis and he came back with a list. In the meantime my daughter's friend was talking to a couple with a child who offered to move down since there were empty stools on either side of them. Out of the blue came another bartender and put reserved signs on front of the 3 empty stools. Needless to say I was totally surprised because we have traveled ALL over the world and never experienced a reserved bar stool policy before. Upon questioning him I was told to leave because he had a right to put the reserved signs up. Everyone at the bar was aghast!!! There was a couple at the entrance all dressed up and I found out they were waiting to enter the restaurant where their daughter's reception was being held. Must have reserved 5 years before I questioned and a waiter who was closing out a check looked at me with a startled surprised look. Later during our visit we were given many mixed ratings on their food which was extremely overpriced as well as their wine list.

1  Thank Arlene H
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Friendly service, knowledgeable bar staff, delicious food. Nice, smart atmosphere. Really excellently cooked steak.