“Absolutely amazing!”

Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 188 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Whistler Village Square
Description: The culinary cornerstone in the heart of Whistler Village, Araxi enjoys a long held international reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. As an early pioneer of farm to table dining, Executive Chef James Walt's seasonally focused menus celebrate the excellence of locally sourced ingredients. Walt's innovative and skillfully executed dishes-from savoury starters through delicious desserts-deliver intelligent compositions and unforgettable flavours. Centrally located in the main square of the village, Araxi boasts a contemporary dining room coloured in warm earth tones - and a sleek Oyster Bar that exudes the passion and craftsmanship that lie at the heart of the restaurant. The lively lounge, which features a year-round indoor/outdoor bar, is Whistler's favourite gathering place for both locals and visitors alike.
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

While the restaurant is quite loud, the tables are seperated by enough space that it feels intimate with whomever is at your table.
Our waiter was attentive, quick, and knowledgeable about the food and wine.
The food itself was delicious. We started with a selection of sushi and sashimi was was well prepared and creative. For entrees, I had the duck with butternut squash and parmesan palenta and my fiance had the rabbit with potato puree. Both were amazing! Desert was the chocolate fondant with caramel ice cream and the black forest; thick and rich and incredible.
The wine menu is impressive!
We also spent some time after dinner at the bar, which was quite empty (Week night). The bartender was happy to let us try a few different cocktails - I recomend the Trophy Wife! Unfortunately the kitchen was closed so we weren't able to try the truffle fries.
All in all, it was a spectacular night with great food and fantastic service.

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Abbotsford, Canada
“Rude Server”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The food was delicious, but the whole experience was very uncomfortable as the waiter was rude right from the very beginning when we asked him to recommend a nice wine. We were out celebrating our engagement, and instead of it being a joyful experience, the condescending waiter made us want to leave as soon as possible. Despite enjoying our food, we will not return to Araxi.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank hpann
Ontario, Canada
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had heard good things but were relatively underwhelmed by the meal. The risotto was poor and was not charged for. We expected far more.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank aMarmiton
Timbuktu, Mali
“Disapointed”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had heard this was best resteraunt in Whistler so we went for a special night out made a reservation no problem but late its very busy.
It was very noisy and hard to hold a normal conversation. Not what I expect in a great resteraunt.
The menu was not realy to my taste. We ventured out with a beef carpacio nice but Ive had just as good at La Nottes on Dunbar. I ordered a New york steak. It was one of the best I have had in a long time. My meal was excellent my company unfortunatly took the servers advice and ordered the Risotoe, It reminded me of rice pudding. Nither of them enjoyed it the servers description was very miss leading. Our server was ok efficent, quick, attentive, standoffish and unfriendly. No real complaint other than her advice. Unfortunaly the waitor from the adgacent table seamed under worked and spent most of our meal time leaning on the back of a chair right by my ear and holding a long loud obtrusive conversation with the couple at about his regeon of france and his travels. It's ok to be friendly but keep the volume from affecting others. Again not the kind of behaviour I expect in a top resteraunt.
Our next meal out we went to the Keg it was noisy to but less so than Araxi food was good. the keg does not have the same pretentions though
For a good classy meal in Whister go to Hys.

• Visited March 2013
Arlington, VA
“Amazing bartender”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I stopped here just for a drink and to get an appetizer. We sat at the bar and I ordered a pisco sour, which is a rare drink to order in the States, let alone Canada. My husband couldn't decide on a drink so he asked if the bartender had anything on the menu similar to an Espresso Martini (which wasn't on the menu) and he made the Espresso martini. Both the martini and pisco sour were delicious! We were very impressed with the bartender's skill. Then, we ordered appetizers and they didn't disappoint either! As an added bonus, the bartender gave us popcorn to munch on while we waited for our food. It was expensive but I would gladly pay the price for such an experience.
Definitely recommend (at least the bar portion)!

Visited March 2013