Tripadvisor
Whistler
Post
Inbox
Search

“We ordered two dishes. The”
Review of La Bocca

La Bocca
Ranked #117 of 194 Restaurants in Whistler
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Bocca serves Italian cuisine in a sunny Mediterranean style setting with great wines and cocktails from BC, Italy and beyond. Situated in the heart of the Whistler Village Square, La Bocca enjoys the best location in town, right in the centre of it all. We have been locally owned and operated since 1986. Our dining room offers a Mediterranean setting, with private sections suitable for groups small and large. Our sought-after heated patio is open year round and offers a great chance to be part of the village atmosphere, with incredible views of the surrounding mountains. Serving pastas, pizzas, frittatas and sandwiches for brunch, and delicious Italian entrees for dinner, La Bocca is open seven days a week. We look forward to hosting you!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ordered two dishes. The Spaghetti literally looked like it was from a tin. The salad was unbelievably bad -lettuce was days old and the “chicken” wasn’t fresh breast or similar but instead resembled pre cooked chicken loaf. WOW. Atmosphere is nice which is why the place gathers a crowd and looks busy - I suspect all first timers though and no repeat guests. Service was so so.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (557)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to La Bocca with a group of friends and unfortunately I have nothing good to say about the food we ate. The pizzas are clearly made with frozen crusts and don’t taste good, and all the pasta dishes we ordered were also terrible. I didn’t know about puttanesca sauce without anchovies... I absolutely do not recommend La Bocca if you like good food.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

Not good....It must be the fry cooks first day. Pork sandwich was greasy and cold. Calamari was tasty but very greasy. Draining food out of the fryer would be nice. The burger was loaded with all kinds of nonsense and poorly executed. I rarely post outright negative reviews but this place was not good. I’m guessing I just got them on a bad night because no eatery this bad in the village would survive.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 22, 2019

Kathryn L, our server was very rude and very bad at her job. The pancakes came out roasted. When we complained about it, she started arguing with us. "YOU didn't say that!" She shouted at me!
We talked to the manager, he had a different attitude but didn't look as he was going to to anything about it...
We have been going to La Bocca since 2011 but this year we don't want to go back and have a bad time... The last three times has been the same with the other waiters: bad attitude, slow, rude, they don't care if you need anything or are looking for them, they don't clean the tables. I wonder why they still work there...

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 23, 2019

After a long day up and down the mountains, we were hungry. There were six of us and we were looking to be seated as soon as possible. We were just a little early for some of the restaurants but we found La Bocca. We were not disappointed. The food was Italian. It was moderately priced and was very good. We would eat there again. We were also early enough in the evening that we could eat outside and not be cold.

Date of visit: September 2019