“"Blah"”
Review of La Bocca

La Bocca
Ranked #94 of 193 Restaurants in Whistler
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Bocca serves Italian cuisine in a sunny Mediterranean style setting with great wines and cocktails from BC, Italy and beyond. Situated in the heart of the Whistler Village Square, La Bocca enjoys the best location in town, right in the centre of it all. We have been locally owned and operated since 1986. Our dining room offers a Mediterranean setting, with private sections suitable for groups small and large. Our sought-after heated patio is open year round and offers a great chance to be part of the village atmosphere, with incredible views of the surrounding mountains. Serving pastas, pizzas, frittatas and sandwiches for brunch, and delicious Italian entrees for dinner, La Bocca is open seven days a week. We look forward to hosting you!
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Although one of the busiest restaurants in Whistler they leave a lot to be desired on service and food. I've eaten here before, and its too bad the same negative impression will remain with me from the last time. Eggs Benny isn't too hard to screw up, but apparently for some it is. Toast the English muffin for God's sake and I might have given you a pass. Deep fried Hash browns "Blah" presentation "Blah", and price: You've got to be kidding me. No value, and no appreciation from a very dull bunch of ski bums.

2  Thank canuckdillon

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stopped in for a mid-afternoon snack. Great patio setting. Got an order of mussels, nice size bowl which my husband and I split, and they were delicious. Asked for extra bread to dip in sauce and it was brought out promptly.. Sangria, server's recommendation, was light and refreshing. Perfect afternoon spot and really reasonable. Would have liked to have tried this spot again.

2  Thank horsesandtravel
Reviewed July 28, 2012

food here is fine. a lot of the menu. not many healthy choices though. it is a fun place to people watch in the middle of the village. you will not get the best food but it is fine.

2  Thank gogo6
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The gelato at bocca gelato is awful! Avoid! Texture is gummy, flavor is poor. Pistachio tasted like sawdust! Expensive! Chocolate hazelnut was so bad. 4.50 for one scoop!

1  Thank Jennyfer
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have never written a Restaurant review because I respect the other’s taste in foods but I had an obligation to review about this terrible Restaurant.

This restaurant “La Bocca” located in heart of the Whistler Village and many lovely flowers boxes were beautiful & very attractive setting but DON’T BE DECIEVED BY THEM. They used the old ingredients and served awfully taste foods and of cause priced was 5stars! In addition, this restaurant “La Bocca” served me Beef-ribs in a bowl (yes a “BOWL”!). This was the first time in my life I had to eat the Beef-ribs from a bowl. Open-air food stand in the countryside serves much more fresh foods! We had to give them at least 1 star to this “La Bocca” Restaurant because of those lovely flower boxes in front of the establishment!

There are many restaurants in Whistler Village and they charge the visitors 4/5-stars prices for lunch and dinner. However, the service was 3-stars at best and the food served was more like 2½ to 3-stars. I know the visitors would not come back again soon, so they charge them as much as they could but it is wrong practice and damaging the Image of Whistler as a whole.

We tried six restaurants in total during our 3 night stay in Whistler in July and we found this “La Bocca” was the worst restaurant we have ever experienced in our over 20yrs travel history. Shame on them!

2  Thank Junior9