“Excellent meal, great view!”

Garibaldi Lift Co. Bar & Grill
Ranked #33 of 195 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The GLC was recommended by a mountain host so we decided to give it a try. Found a table outside in the sunshine. Becky our server was there quickly with a smile to take our drink orders. Drinks arrived quickly as did our meal after we ordered. Was fun chatting with people around us. Great atmosphere and the service was great. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We went for early evening dinner after an awesome day's skiing. None of us fancied burgers, so we had a selection of starters washed down with local craft beers.

We loved all the starters - portions are generous . Service from Brennan was first class. She made it a special dinner.

Unpretentious, lively atmosphere. Crafted to be casual and enjoyable

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I went to GLC 3x during my snowboarding holiday this March 2014. I always went there for lunch in between snowboarding sessions.

It seemed that in the night, it could be hired for private parties or events. We were rejected once when we tried to go there in one evening for dinner because it was closed for a private event. It seemed to be quite loud in the night, that was why I was surprise that it was really good for lunch.

Food for lunch were always good. The first time, I had the pasta of the day which was creamy penne with chicken and basil (If I'm not mistaken it was with tomatoes as well), it was fab! The second visit I had the Asian inspired salad with edamame and fish, it was really good! The last one, I had the tuna roll (it was like sushi but without rice), it was also with avocado, seaweed/nori and coated with crispy tempura batter, hmmm yummy!

I heard that the pulled pork burger/sandwich was fab. Burger looked really really good. The fish and chips from the other tables called my name :-) I just needed to eat light food otherwise I couldn't stand on my board :-)

Recommended! Especially for lunch. It seemed that it was hip for après ski too, it was just that we only went there for lunch so I could not say anything about après ski.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We ate here twice for lunch during our stay in Whistler. My initial thought was that due to its location at the bottom of the slopes it would have been both expensive and nothing special.

Turns out its a pretty great place! A nice atmosphere, with attentive staff and good food. A decent menu with lots of variety and good daily specials. Great portion sizes to keep you going for the rest of the day.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Always known as a great après ski spot and a place to unwind after a day of skiing at Whistler, We actually ate dinner there this year for a change. What a nice surprise. The food was excellent. My husband had a pasta special that he said was one of the best pastas he has ever had. I had the fish and chips which were coated in a thin panko crust instead of the heavy traditional coating. Very nice. Our friend had the burger and said it was really good. Pub food, but well done!