“Small, comfortable, excellent food and service”
Review of Elements

Elements
Ranked #9 of 196 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Since 2005 Elements has been a Whistler local's favourite for casual upscale dining. Voted Best Tap as every year since it's opening, Elements is established as one of the most innovative restaurants in a town reknowned for world class cuisine and famous Chefs. Elements never disappoints with ever-changing menus created with a commitment to local meats, produce and seafood. It features all Ocean Wise seafood, Pemberton meats, Vancouver Island cheeses, and compliments top quality ingredients from the Pacific Northwest, with a wide selection of BC VOA boutique wines. Owned and operated by long-time Whistler locals who believe that great food and wine should come from your own backyard... And that quality and value do go together. Join us in our passion for fabulous food and wine!
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I visited for dinner and had soup with perfectly toasted bread, the chef's special, and salted caramel gelato. They made a decaf americano for me with dessert (thanks). The food was great, original, and service was friendly and efficient. I also overheard them trying to accommodate a gluten-concerned customer (who apparently didn't have to be gluten free) and managed it well.
They also have breakfast service FYI.

1  Thank Lmb2000

Reviewed January 16, 2014

food and service were great, tho we went on a weekday a little before noon. at those prices, being charged $3 for an order or toast after asking if it "came with" the breakfast and being told yes, seems wrong. also charging $3 for extra maple syrup for the french toast without being told is a problem. good food, but be careful what you ask for.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I am a bit surprised by all the high marks this place receives. I was disappointed. A solo diner, I had nobody to share plates with, so just ordered two- seared ahi and a bruschetta.

Remember- tapas is a term stemming from Spanish appetizer cuisine. Nothing wrong with fusion cuisine, but there is nothing Spanish about this restaurant at all. The ahi was Japanese/Hawaiian, the bruschetta- well about as Italian as chain restaurant pizza.

The ambience was nice- not too noisy on a Monday evening, but lively. The barman and apparent maitre 'd , Paul, was personable, attentive and efficient. No complaints there.

The food, despite it lacking any culinary cohesion, was actually ok to pretty good. Where the place fell down for me was in its branding, and in its value. 2 tapa sized plates, one glass of $11 wine, and the bill ran $45 plus tip. They wouldn't accept Amex, used dry as dust gluten free toast for the bruschetta when I asked for wheat free.

I left 25 minutes after arriving, and actually went into the IGA store afterwards because I was still more than hungry.

Maybe in a group, with more ordering variety, as I experienced a couple of weeks before at 21 Steps in Whistler- which has a similar m.o., would be better. Or maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy.

But for the money, I expected better.

1  Thank Peter F
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Great tapa's and a fun dining experience. I am from Vancouver and am usually disappointed with the food up in Whistler and cook in our suite but we decided to go out and try this "hidden gem" - I would highly recommend it.
Best charcuterie plate I've had in a long time!

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Crab Eggs Benny was served a bit cold but had a good amount of crab. The Canadian back bacon Benny was good. Both came with a tasty & different muffin like potatoe tartlet. Very friendly service but a bit slow on the refills for coffee/tea but they were busy. Nice setup for one person dining. Can sit at the kitchen bar overlooking chefs. We hit it at the right time, late morning for breakfast, however there was a wait when we were leaving this popular and small space restaurant.