“Enjoyable patio evening”

Detroit, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable patio evening”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Decided to hire a babysitter and enjoy an evening out in Whistler without our children and was recommended the Citta patio by a local. We had a hilarious server with the longest braid who fantastic. We enjoyed a few beers and then headed out for our dinner reservation. Great atmosphere and amazing people watching!

Visited August 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Yummy but greasy”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We had brunch at Città's. The food was good, but very greasy. The service was good as well, even with it being very busy.

N.E. Victoria
“I'm going back again!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Went there for a drink in the afternoon. We liked the location and atmosphere so went back for dinner. Not only did the barman & waitress (George & mel) remember us which was great considering the amount of people around, but their service and ability to have fun was a delight. Nice cold beer too. Delicious!

Vancouver, Canada
“Average food, terrible service”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I visit Whistler a few times a year and have always noticed how packed Citta's patio is. So we made sure we stopped by here on our most recent visit. I ordered a water and caesar to drink and we ordered nachos to share. We received the nachos before I ever got my drink and when I mentioned to the server that I ordered a caesar awhile ago, she never apologized and just asked how I wanted it. Half way through eating we asked for more salsa and sour cream and waited 15 minutes without anything being brought to us. When we finally got the server's attention, she asked if we were all done. When we mentioned we didn't receive our second order of salsa and sour cream she claimed that she thought someone had brought it out already. As we once again waited for that, another server was bringing food to the table behind us and dropped half a plate of garlic bread down my boyfriend's back. We received an apology with an embarrassed laugh and an excuse as to how the food just slides off the plate. When we finally got the bill, we were informed that she took off the additional salsa/sour cream charge because it was their mistake. However, there was no mention about dropping food or forgetting my drink. Needless to say, we will not be returning to this restaurant if this the way they treat their customers. Working in the service industry for the last 10 years, if even one of these incidents occurred I would have done more than taken off an extra charge that probably should have been free in the first place.

• Visited August 2013
Scott9911, General Manager at Citta's Bistro, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
I have read your review of Citta and I am sorry that you did not have a very good experience.
I hope you will reconsider returning to Citta as it is our goal to provide a excellent experience for our guests.
Scott
Citta Ltd.
Vancouver
“Classic Whistler hang”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We live on Vancouver's North Shore and every summer we have a mini vacay in Whistler.
Come Saturday afternoon, we always gravitate to Citta’s. The yellow umbrellas, rock music (The Who, Rolling Stones), super friendly service, yummy bar food and awesome people-watching location keep us coming back, year after year.

Everyone who works there is super courteous and friendly, the crowd (at times a bit loud) tends to be friendly. The place just feels good.

We sat under an awning for an entire afternoon while the rain came down. Not a problem with the gas heaters keeping you nice and toasty.

Beers, poutine and the occasional Jager-bomb! Good times!

See you next summer!