“Great atmosphere, fantastic waitresses!”
Review of Amsterdam Cafe

Amsterdam Cafe
Ranked #139 of 193 Restaurants in Whistler
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We came for drinks, but stayed for dinner because of the fun, friendly and beautiful waitresses. Gill and Rebecca rocks!

2  Thank skiernj

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Conflicted about this place, here's why.......

Nachos were excellent as they were epic as they were as big as Blackcomb mountain itself, very tasty, not burnt, and no broken pieces (I hate that)

Service was good enough, not stellar and not terrible as our waitress was there but was tentative in a kind of stand offish way which made me feel like I committed come kind of customer faux pas of sorts.

Location is awesome as the patio is right on the main drag in the village so it's great for people watching but the indoor seating area is loud and not much to see other than the serving staff in their skimpy attire.

The payment system is brutal as they have no interac (seeing that's how everyone pays) but they have their ATM conveniently there to take money out of at $2.50 for their service charge.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stepped in as a lark. The atmosphere was aimed at the young crowd. We were pleasantly surprised by the food which was better than I expected and the service was good. However, there are many restaurants in the village and I doubt that I would revisit this one.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We wanted to grab dinner at the whistler village, but every restaurant had an hour wait. We decided to take a chance at this pub call Amsterdam, because it was empty. Worst mistake EVER. The waitress Darcey was terrible. She was rude, arrogant, and had no respect for her customer. The food was okay, but her service made the whole experience unbearable. I wish I hadn't given her a tip. I would never go back there and I would not recommend it to anymore who wants to be treated with respect.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

If your thing is a hockey game blaring from the speakers mixed with loud music that the staff was too lazy to turn off when it unexpectedly turned on the volume on some unremarkable game, a waitress that has no time for your objections to this wild cacophony, cocktails that could be vastly improved by even a modicum of attention, care, and professional pride by the disinterested bartender then go for this place. I will never set foot in this place again.