“Great choice”

21 Steps Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
21 Steps Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 195 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Village Stroll
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Hotel recommended so we went for it. Described in restaurant guide as "premium casual". Pleasant room and pleasant meal. Nice service. Came to check appropriately. Some expensive dishes, but also some mid price choices. Very nice chimichurry sauce on grilled chicken and perfect rice. No sign of asparagus as server stated re vegetable mix but zucchini/onions/peppers were nice anyway. Husband had smoked chicken in red pepper cream sauce with linguine (penne is also a choice). Didn't try myself but looked yummy and decent portion size.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed August 27, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Whistler. The food and service is always excellent. Everyone that I take here, enjoys themselves. The prices are not extreme.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Went here for a special birthday dinner and was very disappointed.
The bread was great (for an extra $2.00)
My husband and I both ordered fish and both were undercooked. We sent them back, I was told that cod should look/smell that way and was given the option to order something else-which I did.
My husbands salmon came back rubbery.
I ordered coffee which wasn't great.
We weren't taking a chance on dessert.
Would not recommend or return.
By the way although this came up as a child friendly restaurant don't bring a stroller or you'll be brought to main dining area through a back elevator and through the kitchen!!!!

1  Thank lisacanadaToronto
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The fried chicken and Asian rib small plates were outstanding. Made dinner off these and a side plate of veggies.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We really enjoyed our dining experience here, both the food and service were great in a casual dining setting. Good value for the food served and very tasty.