“Upscale comfort food!”

21 Steps Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
21 Steps Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 195 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Village Stroll
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My parents recommended we eat here during our week in Whistler and we were not disappointed!

Very good food and excellent service in a casual setting.

We both loved our appetizer and main courses, but we'd recommend going elsewhere for dessert as our desserts were just okay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)

Reviewed June 26, 2014

While my boyfriend and I were in whistler I had looked at the top rated restaurants in whistler... this sure wasn't it! Maybe we are spoiled because we ate at the wonderful rimrock cafe in whistler the night before (best food I've ever had)! But if that's out of your budget, go to earls instead! you will save money and the food is better. I was expecting so much from 21 steps as the reviews are great, but clearly these reviewers have never eaten well! my salmon that was a hefty 27$ came out completely raw, where I couldn't even cut it with my regular knife! the rice that came with it looked but tasted worst than uncle ben's microwave rice! when we finally caught the server's attention (even though we were the only ones at the restaurant...), she didn't even appologize. when the fish came back it was the exact same piece she brought before with my knife marks all over it- the fish now was chewy and overcooked. I only realized this once I had to try and get her attention again for cutlary which she took away from me initially. Did I mention we were the only people in this place?!!! DON'T waste your time and money on this place.. not worth it!!!

2  Thank Ronny E
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I definitely recommend a reservation during peak season. Service was very friendly and accommodating. Food was wonderful and there were some outstanding specialty cocktails.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We went to 21 steps because of the very good reviews on Tripadvisor and Yelp.
We don't understand why lots of people are so positive about this restaurant.
First the food: we had the fried goat cheese and the merquez as appetizers. Presentation is something the kitchen staff doesn't master: the 3 small fried goat cheese balls came bathing in a plate full of honey and the so-called caramelized unions were just a bunch of soggy unions in the middle. The merquez was nothing special either. The entrees: i had the grilled breast chicken with chimichuri, my husband had the lamb chops. Both were good, presentation was ok, nice fresh veggies. The service: of course I can only review the service we had from a waitress called Rudy. There was nothing personal about her service, no smiles, just here's the plate and nothing else. Waiting a long time for the check. The bill incl. Service: 110 dollar: too much for what we had and experienced. We go somewhere else next time.

1  Thank Denliv
Reviewed June 17, 2014

21 Steps is a great little place for dinner being perfectly located in the centre of town. The menu was extensive and the food was lovely! The service was great and the restaurant was really accommodating when we had to change the numbers in our party several times. Very popular so definitely book ahead!