“Our favorite meal in Whistler”

21 Steps Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
21 Steps Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 188 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Village Stroll
New Jersey, USA
“Our favorite meal in Whistler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Deservedly popular -- make a reservation. (BTW, we found that Opentable did not give the same results as calling the restaurant directly.) The quality of the food is very high. My pork medallions with mushroom ravioli was delicious, and my companions very much enjoyed their meals. Very good service. Interesting and varied menu. Very good cooking without being stuffy or pretentious.

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Bishops Castle, United Kingdom
“Excellent cocktails!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We ate here with some friends who we meet whilst on holiday. We had pre dinner cocktails in the bar upstairs called the Attic, which are a amazing. I now can say I am a French martini fan. We returned to the bar upstairs on a few other occasions during our holiday in Whistler to enjoy a cocktail or two.

After looking at the menu, and deciding what to eat I was extremely pleased to see something different to burgers, yam fries, and pulled pork which are favourites in many other whistler bars! I ordered the chicken pasta dish, which was very rich and creamy. For me personally it was too creamy and it came out of the kitchen with a lot of cheese sprinkled on top which spoilt it for me!

My partner ordered the Pork tenderloin, he described it to me as bland and too creamy! It's one of the few times that I have ever seen him leave food on his plate when we go out for dinner.

Service in the restaurant is faultless, prices are average just a shame I found the food too creamy.

london
“Nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

The food is nice here, not 5 star quality but you will have a nice meal. The menu has plenty of variety, we had the stuffed mushrooms and steak, both which come with mash and vegetables. I would say to try out if you are in Whistler.

• Visited January 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Did not live up to Memory”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I liked that my fave dish was still as good as the last time. Everything else was a bit average from the wines to the service, which left a bad impression this time around. We were told to wait before seating until our entire party had arrived? What is that about? I will probably not go back next visit to Whistler. Even though my food was as good as the last time, the service was in a word...snooty.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Does exactly what it says on the tin!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Their website says "Comfort food, the way you like it" and that was exactly how we found the restaurant - good food done really well.

There was a good atmosphere in the place, friendly staff and the brownie and ice cream desert was to die for!!