Nita Lake Lodge
Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$230
  • Breakfast included
Legends(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$128
$124
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$178
$161
  • Pool
Sundial Boutique Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Restaurant
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$184
  • Restaurant
Crystal Lodge Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$165
$92
$207
$216
  • Pool
Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$163
Adara Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$84
$82
2,061 results
All reviewslake viewaura restaurantpaddle boardscure loungefix cafewhistler villagefrozen lakeheated floorsfree shuttleon demandshuttle servicecreekside gondolavalley trailsoaker tubhuge bathroomfrench pressminute drive
Reviewed August 17, 2013

What a great place. Room was amazing. Lovely views of the lake. Thick mattresses, lovely bathroom, such attention to detail. Restaurant, excellent food. A really classy dinner and a breakfast that I will try and copy at home but not succeed. Staff all very attentive without being irritating. I could live there!

Room Tip: Be sure to as for a room with lake view. Many choices for breakfast...be aware.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Nita Lake Lodge was our favorite hotel we stayed at during our ten day tour of the northwest. The rooms are beautiful, clean, and quiet. We had reserved a lake view room and remarked to the front desk staff in passing that this was our ten year anniversary. Within 20 minutes of checking into our room, a staff member was knocking on our door to deliver a plate of chocolates with a Happy Anniversary card from the staff. It was an unexpected but wonderful touch to our stay. There are complimentary kayaks and paddle boards to explore the lake with (which we did, without incident or hassle I might add), which saved some money for us. The shuttle to the downtown village area was very useful. We had no trouble scheduling pick-up or drop-off times. Also, the onsite laundry facilities were great (and needed after eight days of hiking). I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone looking for a quiet and relaxing stay at the foot of the mountains.

Room Tip: Request a lake view room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kerr767
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Upon check-in, our family got upgraded from a regular two-bedroom suite to the gorgeous executive suite and this fact made me hesitate to write anything negative about our stay. But my family and friends insisted that our experience would be helpful information to other visitors. As other reviewers pointed out, the Nita Lodge is an exquisite little hotel with a great lakeside location. We were having a fabulous stay until we tried to use their complimentary bicycles.

A major reason why I picked this lodge was because on TP and on their website, they mentioned free bicycle usage. With a group of five, it would save us money in bike rentals. Upon check-in, they also mentioned the bike usage, so we were all excited and planned to ride the next morning. When I grabbed breakfast to go from the cafe at 8:30 am, I was told that the bikes are all out and to return around 11 am. I had friends staying in another room who needed a carriage for their toddler, and they were told there is only one carriage and to also return at 11 am for it. At 10:45 am, I went down to wait for the bikes to be returned because we cannot reserve them as they are first come first serve. The rest of my family were able to play at the lake while waiting but I sat on a bench next to the reception anticipating bike returns. My friend joined me at 11 am waiting as well. We asked reception a few times whether any bikes were returned and they said they cannot control return times. Fair enough. At 12:30pm, we were told that the bikes were not overdue because they were last checked out at 10am and 10:40am and would not be due back past 1pm!!!

I became quite upset at this point and asked to speak with a manager. She agreed that it was unfair and apologized verbally that I was informed that they would be back at 11 am and that someone should have checked from the onset that the return time was 1pm. I told her that we had booked this hotel specifically for the bike usage. It would have be nice to be warned at check-in that there were only 10 bikes for the entire hotel!! In fact, for a group of five, unless we went down at 7am, the chances of getting five of those bikes would be slim. None of this information was conveyed to us.

At all other hotels and restaurants I have visited, when the hotel admits to fault, guests are compensated in some way. If the manager had even offered me a cup of coffee for sitting in the lobby for over one hour and half, wasting my precious vacation time, I would have been less upset. Maybe we could have gotten a couple of cookies for the road, but she gave us no sign that she honestly felt bad. All she said was "Do you need help with the luggage?" as if she meant "Good riddance" to us. The manager was more concerned with hunting down the name of the staff who told us the return time was 11am more than she was about making guests happy.

My friends who stayed one more night said that the hotel did immediately change their bike rental policy from 3 hours down to 2 hours so clearly, something was done. They had stayed at this hotel last year and thought the service was fabulous. However, there were a series of minor incidents throughout their stay that made them not want to ever stay here again. Our room upgrade was a true pleasure but as everyone pointed out, that has nothing to do with how management deals with problems. We certainly won’t be back as well. We left this hotel with the feeling that if there is a problem, their attitude is “Too bad and tough luck!”

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank chakimama
NitaGuestRelations, Manager at Nita Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Carol,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are truly sorry for the issues experienced during your stay.

With a very busy summer we have been experiencing very large volumes of usage of our complimentary bicycles and after the issues your family experienced a hourly limitation to 2 hours from 3 hours was implemented in the hope that this would allow more guest to be able to enjoy the bicycles.

We will also review our procedures on handling guest issues with management to ensure that they are handled in a professional and courteous matter. It is important to us at Nita Lake Lodge that every effort is made to enhance a guest experience and ensure any issues that may arise are resolved. It is unfortunate that we were not able to achieve this during your visit and despite your upgrade to one of our lovely boutique suites you were not able to enjoy your stay after all.

I have also send you a personal message and hope you will be in touch if there is anything further you would like to share with me.

Warm regards,
Theresa Ginter
Operations Manager
theresa@nitalakelodge.com

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at Nita Lake Lodge in a lake front studio & we had a fantastic time once again. We took full advantage of the free bike & canoe rentals and loved being right on the lake, so beautiful and so many activities to take part in if you want. We love the fact that this is a pet friendly hotel as we often travel with our dog, she loved the lake and the off leash dog park just down the road from the hotel. We had a great breakfast at Aura, the service and food were both excellant. Overall the staff, location & restaurants are all top notch, the only complaint we had was nothing to do with the hotel... we noticed that alot of the other hotel patrons were quite snobby and unfriendly, not even a smile or a hello from people when walking down the hallways or on the elevator. Not the hotels problem at all but thought it was worth a mention as it was something that bothered us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to celebrate our 23rd Wedding Anniversary. We were greeted by an amazing front desk staff and upon entering our beautiful lake front room found a personalized card and chocolates. We have found our favorite place to stay in Whistler! It's quiet, but not boring as there are many activities offered free of charge. SUP, kayaks, canoes and complimentary bike use. Close to the village, but not too close. If you have the need for the excitement of the village, a complimentary shuttle is available on demand. The on site dining is excellent, the service is attentive and I highly recommend it. No need to spend way too much overpriced food in the village! You will find true value at Aura. Do yourself a favor and stay by the lake.

Stayed: August 2013