We just stayed in unit 26 and, to be blunt, we were a bit worried because some of the reviews were not stellar and because some of the photos appeared to be generic for the complex rather than the unit.
It turns out our experience was great; here are our observations:
- Check in at Blackcomb lodge was close and very quick/convenient;
- Furniture is definitely a bit dated but was comfortable throughout; (Sleep rating is midling only because some of us are spoiled from amazing beds in Westin's and other high end places);
- Kitchen was well equiped; water pressure in kitchen was a problem until we realized that there was a ridciulous water saver in the tab that could be unscrewed easily enough during the stay;
- Main bedroom (off the living room) is a bit dark but otherwise totally comfy;
- Underground secured parking for 2 vehicles;
- Getting your stuff into the unit from the parking garage was a bit of a chore up one flight to ground level and then another flight to the unit which is on the 2nd level of the complex and itself has two levels; good pre-skiing warm-up!
- We were surprised that the hot tub was part of the "common" property (not a big problem, we just hadn't caught that from the description);
- Location was quite good for the price (Under $300/night for 6 of us) - kitty corner from the marketplace ... albeit a healthy 15 minute hike to the lifts if you're hauling your ski/board gear (one day we simply drove and parked which took 3 minutes and cost $8 for the day);
- Good Internet router;
- Unit had dish washing liquid (for handwash and dishwasher) but no laundry soap;
I would stay here again given the price/value combination.
- Also Known As:
- Symphony Townhouse Whistler