Booked a penthouse. We were 4 people (with an additional 2 staying in another apartment in the same building). Paid top dollar for our "special Christmas skiing holiday". Have waited years for this! Everything was a disaster from beginning to end. Stay somewhere else!
- common areas were a construction site. construction noise all day. access codes were installed whilst there which didn't work half of the time. entry to the building for the first half of the stay was through the back door and a fire exit!
- electrical wiring obviously couldn't support the installations in the apartment. Eg. spa and sauna can't be used at once. We found out the hard way, which resulted in our hot tub being unusable for half of our two week stay. Then fuses kept tripping endlessly for the rest of the stay - couldn't use oven and hotplates at same time without causing a trip (ruining our planned christmas dinner!)
- wood, same experience as other posters. not enough wood. additional wood was supplied but reluctantly.
- piped music in common areas could be heard all night long in the upstairs bedroom through the walls
- cleaners arrived twice at 3:30 - 4pm just as we would return from skiing. not ideal. we sent them away, so our apartment did not get cleaned. Once, cleaners or management entered the apartment whilst we were out and then failed to lock the door. We returned to find the door open, but thankfully nothing stolen!
- washing machine and dryer were malfunctioning. washing machine stopped mid cycle.
- views? well as long as it doesn't snow! the slanted windows on the apartment were fine, but as soon as it snowed it made the apartment dark, and with no view at all, resulting in a claustrophobic feeling.
All of this resulted in daily calls to "management". They actually were the owner of the apartment we stayed in and they had previously lived there, so it felt as if we were imposing on their home - rather than renting an apartment. Management strained politeness but was a thin veneer.
For the price we paid, this was all shocking to us and we strongly recommend you do not stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury condo accommodation in Whistler, BC, Canada is the starting point of any great vacation or business trip. Located at the center of Whistler Canada Village in beautiful, world-famous Whistler Resort, our condo properties are luxuriously appointed, intimate lodge suites where enjoying life is your only obligation! Step outside your door and you are at the heart of Whistler Village. Steps to the lifts swiftly transport you up into the upper alpine of the mountains for the ultimate in skiing, snowboarding, dining and sightseeing adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Whistler Luxury Condos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whistler Luxury Condos Hotel Whistler
- Luxury Condos Hotel Whistler