“Cramped quarters and so-so service at Taman Sari Spa”

Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa
Ranked #2 of 19 Spas & Wellness in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: Unveil the secret from behind the palace wall. The only Authentic Royal Javanese Indonesian Spa in North America
A TripAdvisor Member
“Cramped quarters and so-so service at Taman Sari Spa”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2006

When visiting Whistler, Canada in February 2006, I decided to try one of the many spas. Because of a special anniversary special, I decided to try the Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa. The treatment was average...probably so because the therapist did not inquire as to my preferences. The therapist, who was difficult to understand, spent the majority of her time working on my legs; however, I would have preferred more of the customary time on my back. My primary concern is the very cramped quarters for the spa. Because square footage space is limited at the spa (the spa is located within the Summit Hotel on the 1st floor), it limits the experience and the feeling of relaxation. Instead of taking me to a men's locker room area to change and shower, they took me directly to a small treatment room. Besides having no place to store my clothes (including ski pants, gloves, etc.), it was difficult to change back into my clothes at the end of massage/scrub treatment because there was no changing space and no clean table or chairs in the treatment room. In addition, the jacuzzi and sauna are part of the common hotel area, and not separate for the spa. Finally, there was a problem with the spa pricing in that the advertised special in the local paper had no expiration date; however, in talking to the spa, the special price was no longer being accepted (they finally agreed to give me a 20% discount). There are several other spas in Whistler and I would definately try another spa before returning to this business.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member