“Downhill Thrills!”

Whistler Mountain Bike Park
Ranked #2 of 102 things to do in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: Whistler Mountain Bike Park has something for every level of rider. Gentle, banked cruisers through the Coastal forest. Tight and twisty single track - perfect for intermediate riders. For the armour clad, full face wearing, 50lb. bike group there are steep rock faces, gnarly, root strewn lines, drop offs of all descriptions and more.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My brother and I have wanted to ride the park at Whistler for years and thought it may never happen. Last week we finally made it and WOW did it exceed our expectations! I only wish we could have stayed longer. Plan to stay a week if you want a chance to see all this mountain has to offer. In nearly 43 years of life with part of it as a pro motocross racer, this was one of the most memorable adventures I have ever had. I cannot wait to get back!

1  Thank Dirtbikerob

Reviewed August 14, 2013

AMAZING!! I can't imagine a better place to ride on the planet. Granted, it was very rough this time of the year and that took a toll on our grip. However, the lift waits were almost non existent and the trail selection had everything from incredibly technical downhill to flowing trails with huge jumps. This will be a yearly pilgrimage.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had a great day at the bike park the other day. While I have very little experience down hill biking the staff pointed out some great ways to enjoy the day. I have a multipurpose full suspension mountain bike, however next time I will rent a purpose built downhill mountain bike as my buddy did. he was able to ride with more confidence with the rental shop bike. What ever bike you chose rent and wear the protective equipment. We started on a green run but then moved to the blue runs, where we spent the rest of the day. It was great fun to watch the more experienced riders flying over the bumps. The lift operators were very friendly, and helpful.

1  Thank Samara_Sailor
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Its always busy at crankworx, you just cant beat the lift accessed trails. Well worth it - just be reasonable about the level you ride at. Dont overdo it !

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

As a downhill biker I always knew of Whistler Bike Park's reputation as the best bike park around, but after riding there for two days I see just how incredible it actually is. Massive mountain, seemingly endless terrain and trails for every rider, from amateur to pro. Renting a bike and armor is quite pricey but is 100% worth it. I also recommend taking advantage of the park's Max 4 guided lessons. The group size is small (as the name states, no more than 3 other bikers), and you are grouped based on your ability. Anyone from complete novice to advanced biker will find these useful. Biking for the full day will wipe you out, but then your only worry is choosing where to grab a bite to eat from the town's endless selection of restaurants. Cheers!

1  Thank Snowbordr17