“Great pies with interesting flavours.”
Review of Peaked Pies

Peaked Pies
Ranked #4 of 192 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great pies with interesting flavours.”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The pies here are a little different than your average steak and kidney. They were really tasty and there was a wide range to choose from. Great for lunch or a snack when you come down from the slopes.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rick61

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canada
“Excellent - great food”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

They are so friendly for a little (primarily) take out place. What a niche they have hit. Delicious meat pies, awesome gravy, really a comfort food alternative to cooking when you want it 'at home'.
We will definitely be eating the peaked pies again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank CdnLib
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good tasting food and not outrageously priced like most of Whistler”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

For folks visiting Whistler, it's easy to see how expensive all the restaurants are. I never thought the food was dollar for dollar as good as it's price indicated (nowhere close). Thankfully for Peaked Pies, that was not the case. If I were to visit Whistler again I would probably be eating here for dinner nearly every night. You can get your meal for under $10.00. My first time trying them I had the Steak and cheese pie. It was okay, but not very flavorful. I paid the extra few dollars to get the pie "peaked", which means your pie is topped with hot gravy, mashed potatoes, and mushy peas. I thought the peas overwhelmed the dish in terms of that's pretty much the majority of what I tasted. I later found out you can order those three items individually. The second time I tried them I had the curry beef pie with just gravy and potatoes. which was actually quite flavorful. The staff were friendly and informative. After a day of skiing they make for a filling dinner. Please keep in mind that this place is extremely small and could probably only fit like 10 customers max. My review is 3.5 out of 5 stars.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Luke T
Surrey, Canada
“Yummy”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We just had Roo pies from Peaked Pies, an Aussie pie shop, in Whistler. My husband brought them home for dinner. What a delicious take out meal. I ghly recommend the pies. In fact we're trying another selection tonight.

Visited February 2014
Holladay, Utah
“Best value in Whistler”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was a great lunch. Not far off the main path but well worth the effort to find it. There were a great variety of pies available. I went for the steak, bacon and cheese pie and chose the peaked option which offered a generous portion of mashed potatoes and mashed peas smothered in gravy. Wifey choose chicken, mushroom , and leek, both were very good. We rounded it out with an apple berry dessert pie, so darn good. I wish we had found this before our last day of the trip we would have had lunch here each day and tried different pies.
Not much room to dine in, 3 small 2 seat tables and a little counter with 3-4 bar stools, but don't let that stop you.

• Visited March 2014