“Excellent - great food”

Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed March 8, 2014

They are so friendly for a little (primarily) take out place. What a niche they have hit. Delicious meat pies, awesome gravy, really a comfort food alternative to cooking when you want it 'at home'.
We will definitely be eating the peaked pies again.

1  Thank CdnLib

Reviewed March 8, 2014

For folks visiting Whistler, it's easy to see how expensive all the restaurants are. I never thought the food was dollar for dollar as good as it's price indicated (nowhere close). Thankfully for Peaked Pies, that was not the case. If I were to visit Whistler again I would probably be eating here for dinner nearly every night. You can get your meal for under $10.00. My first time trying them I had the Steak and cheese pie. It was okay, but not very flavorful. I paid the extra few dollars to get the pie "peaked", which means your pie is topped with hot gravy, mashed potatoes, and mushy peas. I thought the peas overwhelmed the dish in terms of that's pretty much the majority of what I tasted. I later found out you can order those three items individually. The second time I tried them I had the curry beef pie with just gravy and potatoes. which was actually quite flavorful. The staff were friendly and informative. After a day of skiing they make for a filling dinner. Please keep in mind that this place is extremely small and could probably only fit like 10 customers max. My review is 3.5 out of 5 stars.

1  Thank Luke T
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We just had Roo pies from Peaked Pies, an Aussie pie shop, in Whistler. My husband brought them home for dinner. What a delicious take out meal. I ghly recommend the pies. In fact we're trying another selection tonight.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was a great lunch. Not far off the main path but well worth the effort to find it. There were a great variety of pies available. I went for the steak, bacon and cheese pie and chose the peaked option which offered a generous portion of mashed potatoes and mashed peas smothered in gravy. Wifey choose chicken, mushroom , and leek, both were very good. We rounded it out with an apple berry dessert pie, so darn good. I wish we had found this before our last day of the trip we would have had lunch here each day and tried different pies.
Not much room to dine in, 3 small 2 seat tables and a little counter with 3-4 bar stools, but don't let that stop you.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Loved peaked pies. Great selection of savoury and sweet pies. Cheery staff - very popular when we visited with eclectic mixture of young and old customers. Don't expect an upmarket dining experience; it's essentially a takeaway shop with about 5 small tables if you want to eat in - but if you like pies and mash then this is the place to visit!