“Quick and Simple”
Review of BBQ Bob's - CLOSED

BBQ Bob's
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 16, 2013

There is a reason Bob has won so many awards...the food here is great! It is good o' fashioned BBQ and growing up in west Texas where BBQ is huge, this place really reminded me of home. I went for lunch had the Jerk Chicken burger with bacon and Swiss cheese added. The flavor was incredible with the chicken being juicy and tender, and the bacon really adding that extra flavor that makes you wanting more. I also had a side of yam fries and those were really good after spending a half day on the mountain snowboarding. Bob is a hard worker and he was the one that cooked my meal for me since the place was slow after lunch. They are not as busy on the weekends for lunch, they really get packed for dinner. My suggestion is to head there from 1:30-4:30pm if you want to get a quick bite to eat; if not you may be waiting a while!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at nearby Nita Lake Lodge and after the first night's meal at their restaurant we wanted to go somewhere with character and good food. BBQ Bobs was great. Efficient wait-staff who did their job without fawning over us. Great atmosphere with lots of happy noise. Three TVs to watch and people ready for a chat.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

A great fun experience of a true canadian Bar/BBQ
huge portions defeated our (UK) stomachs..... but we had a great time with good food.
around us 9 tvs blasted out bingo, poker and ice hockey..... to the delight and noise of those around.
great waitresses!
great atmosphere, man vs food size portions, and great fun

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We're staying at Nita hotel next door and after looking at their menu in the window for Roland's went in!! Roland's bar was heaving so we took a right and found this v tradition looking diner with a full wall plastered with awards!

We both had a burger with fries and the burger was fab! I can imagine this place isn't for everyone but was perfect for an easy/ naughty tea!
It was such a large meal it nearly broke me but was fab burger!!
My only complaint were the chips! The fryer definately needed its oil changing!!

They'r awards are proof of how fab the meat is tho! Would def go back!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Roland's Pub and BBQ Bob's are located in Creekside & share the same website & building. If your want a change of atmosphere from the village then head over to the "creek" and check out BBQ Bob's. The place is decked out like some kind of ski/snowboarder rec room. You place your order & get it from the chef when he's done; help yourself to some water, cutlery, & napkins (a roll of paper towel on the table). Bob's is unpretentious and thoroughly "old school" in terms of Whistler tradition. It's not for everybody, but if you want reasonably priced food (particularly BBQ meat & cornbread) with no frills or gimmicks then this is the place to go. There is indoor seating for winter and indoor/outdoor seating for summer.