“Heaven”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Heaven”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Vida Spa at the Fairmont we were warmly welcomed.
We were given robes, flip flops, lockers and encouraged to use plenty of towels. We were offered the use of the health club facilities as we had deliberately arrived early.
The massages were out of this world! The skill level of the therapists was high and all knots and tensions were removed.
The Anti-ageing facial was wonderful, unhurried and the height of luxury using fabulous Valmont products.
The pedicure was very good and the therapist was full of helpful advice.
The only downside is the position of the changing facilities does mean walking through the health club in outdoor shoes and boots. This did mean that the floor was quite dirty.
Staff were delightful and we felt thoroughly spoiled. The treatments are expensive but very good quality. Worth every penny!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank janey143

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not a five star”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went for a massage. Upon checking in you have to sign a paper saying you will be charged for your robe and flip flops if not returned. You are then walked across the hall to the hotel pool area. They don't have their own hot tub,steam room area. So you walk thru the pool area in your boots and go to the locker area. Hot tub full f screaming kids, not very relaxing. Massages where good not great and very over priced. Would not return

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Tucker785
New York City, New York
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Avoid at all costs!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

On a recent trip to Whistler, my daughters and I spent a morning at the Vida Spa. While the treatments were fine, the spa is so poorly run and designed that it took every ounce of relaxation away. To begin with, we were not given a locker upon entering the spa. Instead, we waited in snow boots and winter gear in the spa lounge without an opportunity to shower, sauna or even go to the bathroom prior to our treatments. This was unpleasant in so many ways, not the least of which was the unsanitary presence of snow boots in a spa wait room. Once in the treatment rooms we were given flimsy, brown paper bags to put our belongings in. Totally inadequate for boots and winter gear. After our treatments, we were given our paper bags and other belongings to lug back to the waiting room - still no offer of a locker. After several minutes, dressed in a robe with hair askew from my treatment, I went to the front desk to enquire about a locker. No one acknowledged me for several minutes. I finally demanded a locker. The receptionist huffed at us, led us across a public hall (still in bathrobes and messy hair), opened a door to the pool area and pointed to the locker room. As we walked away, she shouted at us to return our robes and plastic slippers (no, we weren't planning on stealing them). The locker room had the bare minimum of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner but no other amenities, including hair supplies, deodorant or sanitary supplies of any kind, not even tissue. Also, there was nowhere to sit at the mirrors to dry hair or apply make-up. For this, we paid $922!! What a rip-off!! When I complained to the manager, she said she was 'sorry' but did not offer any other type of compensation. She did not even offer to comp for parking which was another $20. Later that week, I received a 'concerned' call from another Vida manager and another 'sorry'. Simply more aggravation from a very unprofessional lot. Avoid at all costs. By the way, the Scandinave Spa is divine- go there instead!
When I complained about our extremely poor treatment, the manage

Visited December 2012

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great RMTs”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Couples massage for the second time. Really nice. It's hard to find 2 RMTs at the same time.

Would be nice if the room had the smell of essential oils like lavender.

1 Thank Butterfly1808