“Best Mexican food I've ever had!!!!”

The Mexican Corner Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 195 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Experience MEXICO in Whistler! Authentic Mexican Cuisine. Serving tasty food from ancient civilizations.
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided in this restaurant primary because he's Mexican and he wanted a good ol mexican dinner.
When we got there the line was pretty long but when the host told us she could put us on a wait list and text us when our table was ready we decided why not explore Whistler village while we wait. Once we got the text we went back and were seated right away. We order guacamole to start without looking at the menu for what was in it. Once we did and after eating half of it already we found out it was made with pomegranate and truffle oil....yummy!
I ordered crispy chicken taco and my husband a more authentic mexican dish which I can't remember the name of but it was all amazing! While filling our belly we each had a few drinks of course your good ol fashion margarita with a twist. That coupled with awesome food was enough for us to recommend my in laws to check it out (which they did the next day).
Great Mexican food and drinks a must eat when in Whistler!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

What A Meal!

We were quickly seated and our fantastic server Jody talked us through the menu, answering all our questions! She told us about the Margaritas… If there is one thing you need to order here… get a Margarita, they are incredible! The Queso Fundido with Chorizo was a great appetiser and the Fajitas are a must! The whole atmosphere was relaxed and family friendly. If we are ever in Whistler again (hopefully soon) we will definitely head back to the Mexican Corner for another excellent meal!!!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Muy deliciouso! This has some of the best Mexican food I have had in a long time and we r not even in Mexico! Everything my family of 4 ate was soo good. This is not franchise Mexican food very authentic. I do wish they would just serve u chips and not make u buy them or at least when u do buy them give u enough for all the guac and salsa u bought cuz it is yummy. That is the only bummer thing I can write the rest is awesome. Our server Christian was perfect and so good about taking care of us! Who knew we wld find such bueno Mexican food and service here at Whistler another happy day!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I work at a local hotel in Whistler and have always wanted to experience the mexican corner. After always suggesting it to guests and having great feedback I thought I'd give it a go and loved it! I highly recommend the tuna tartar and seafood cazuela. My server Justine who was great fun and provided plenty of laughs. I will definitely be back again and will continue to recommend to all guests.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I know many complained about no free chips. But hey it's Whistler. If you can afford 100+ dollars for a lift ticket you can pay for chips. Anyway I digressed.

The guacamole was perfect with jicama and roasted red pepper. Margaritas rimmed with chili salt and high end tequila were sublime.

I had their meat roasted in banana leaf and tender, juicy with hints of cinnamon were perfect. My husband had tacos with port and the tomato base was exquisite.

The place was hopping and our waiter from Mexico City was fantastic, friendly and was very accommodating and making menu suggestions. Even though it was extremely busy we did not feel at all to be rushed and the service was prompt.

Very authentic best I have had north of the 49th
Great spot. Will definitely be back.