“THE BEST FOOD EVER”

Ranked #10 of 195 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Experience MEXICO in Whistler! Authentic Mexican Cuisine. Serving tasty food from ancient civilizations.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This little restaurant on a corner was something that we just fell in love with. All the people are authentic and the food was TOO DIE FOR! I had a Mayan dish of lamb wrapped in leaves. It melted in my mouth. The margaritas were freshly made with real liquor, not from a mix! They were phenomenal!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,373)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a great little find in Whistler. Very authentic Mexican food and very good. A little high on the prices, but it has a full bar with good margaritas. Very tasty taco's all around

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nachos were superb, and so was everything else - enchiladas, tacos, burritos! Staff were so friendly. Ambiance was cozy.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ok, when I struggle what to have based upon the menu, I always asked for the serving staff recommendations and like many other occasions I was not disappointed. Both the food and service were excellent without it straining the wallet in this little restaurant. Talking with some of the locals we understand they will be opening a new restaurant with more space. If they keep up the quality of food and the service, I'm sure they will be able to maintain two outstanding restaurants in Whistler which visitors and the locals will enjoy. The only reason for rating this experience as Very Good was that we did experience flies on the walls but this did not detract from our meal and the atmosphere.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The portions are delicious, although they are small, considering the price.
The issue here is the problem they have with bar flies, which were crawling all over the walls when we visited, and were trying to land in our food throughout the entire meal.
A bad indicator of the hygiene level of the restaurant.

4  Thank TheTravelBites
Pepe B, Owner at The Mexican Corner Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear customer,
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing The Mexican Corner as one of your dining options while in Whistler. We are also pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the quality of the food. However we are extremely disappointed with your overall experience since customer satisfaction is of our utmost priority. We are aware about the Fruit fly problem and our restaurant operates under a strict Food Handling procedure, which includes a High Level of Cleaning program before, during and after the service. We also have a strict, professional and responsible pest control program to deal with any kind of insect issues since we are in a mountain environment. The company that we hire to conduct the pest control inspections on a regularly basis already started the treatment to eliminate the fruit flies and I can assure you that this has nothing to do with the cleanliness of the restaurant. This is a case that originated based on the seasonality of Whistler as winter just finished and this kind of insects are more common this time of the year. Once again, I confirm that our Team Members move everything around every day and sanitize with bleach to make sure that we operate under the highest standards of cleanliness.
I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we always welcome our customers’ comments and concerns as they help us to improve in order to provide you with a much better service since everything we do, is thinking in our customers satisfaction.
If I can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at pepe@themexicancorner.ca
Pepe Barajas