“This is one for "The Bucket List"”
Review of Whistler Air

Ranked #17 of 54 Tours in Whistler
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“This is one for "The Bucket List"”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I'm astonished to find this experience listed at No.33 on the tripadvisor list of things to do in Whistler. This is a fantastic experience for young and old alike. To take off from and land on water is a truly unique. My son did this many years ago in Vancouver and I have been waiting for the chance to do it ever since. My tour manager advised me to wait until I got to Whistler and am I glad I did. The Spectacular Glacier Trip is really something else. I was collected from my hotel by mini-bus and dropped back afterwards. Don't wait until you are old like me: Do it now!!!

Visited May 2014
HarbourAirSeaplanes, customer care coordinator at Whistler Air, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear ericBournemouth,
I would like to thank you very much for including Whistler Air in your vacation plan and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We love hearing from our guests and how much they enjoyed their experience with us. We hope you had a great time in Whistler and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

3 attraction reviews
“Whistler Air Seaplane flight over the glacier.”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

What a great experience!! Reggie our pilot was informative and a very experienced pilot. He gave us a great ride over Whistler and the glacier, with excellent commentary ....frozen lakes, old volcanoes, the West Canadian coastal range ( Rockies are further inland ) and how Whistler evolved from a fishing getaway to the resort that it is today. Highly recommended!!

HarbourAirSeaplanes, customer care coordinator at Whistler Air, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Maree H,
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on your Whistler tour and for recommending our services. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the flight and look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Inverness, United Kingdom
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“A few days in Whistler”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We decided to Seaplane up to Whistler and Train journey back, this was by far the best method and choice of travel we have made on any holiday thus far. The speed along the water is breathtaking as is the trip up over the Mountains with Scenery thats mind blowing.

The Landing on a Lake near by our Hotel just put the icing on the cake.

Worth every penny and cannot wait to do it again, the Grand children were envious of our photos and stories.

Visited October 2012
HarbourAirSeaplanes, Customer Care Coordinator at Whistler Air, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Mark M,
Thank you very much for your 5-star review and sharing your beautiful photos with our TripAdvisor readers. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time on our Whistler by Train and Floatplane tour. We look forward to welcoming you and the grandchildren on board on your next visit to Canada!
Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Spectacular Glacier Tour”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I took this tour in Friday September 13th and it truly was spectacular. All the staff of Whistler Air Tours were very helpful and our pilot Ian boarded us efficiently in the Otter seaplane and we all had a window seat. A smooth take off from Green Lake and we were up and away over the lakes, parks, rivers, Whistler village, mountains and best of all saw a lot of glaciers up close which were an incredible sight. Ian did an excellent commentary giving us interesting information about the area so we all knew where and what we were looking at. The flight did a circular tour so everyone got to see the same things. Can't recommend it highly enough and if there is one thing you must do when visiting Whistler this is it!

Visited September 2013
HarbourAirSeaplanes, Customer Care Coordinator at Whistler Air, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear TheRez,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience on our Glacier Tour and for the kind feedback regarding the excellent service our Whistler team and particularly Ian provided you. Feedback from our passengers is greatly appreciated and incredibly valuable for employee’s recognition. Your comment has been passed on to the team, their base manager and our Executive team.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Melbourne, Australia
“A highlight of our trip to Canada”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The tour ended up being the absolute highlight of our time at Whistler. We initially booked for a day that had low cloud, the company had no problem in rescheduling us for the following day, in fact they recommended that we did. We were picked up by shuttle from our hotel and driven a short drive to Green Lake. I was apprehensive having never been on a small plane before, let alone a float plane, but felt completely at ease during the flight. The scenery was breathtaking, especially Lake Garabaldi. It was amazing to get so close to the glaciers and even see the crevasses in them. The pilot, Darren, was great with his commentary, pointing but all of the major highlights, but it was great that he didn't overdo it. My kids (4,6 and 8) loved it and I don't think I will ever hear my husband stop talking about how fantastic the experience was.

Visited September 2013
HarbourAirSeaplanes, Customer Care Coordinator at Whistler Air, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear mselog,
Thank you very much for choosing Harbour Air for your first floatplane adventure and for sharing your experience with us and our TripAdvisor readers. It looks like you and your family had a lot of fun on the tour and we are delighted that we could be part of your Canadian holiday. Thank you again for recommending our service. Your comments will be shared with all our staff. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again for more adventures!