The Executive Inn is the management company of two properties in Whistler Village:
1) 4417 Sundial Place - Mountain Side Hotel - "MountainSide Hotel Rooms" (aka Mountainside Lodge).
2) 4250 Village Stroll - The Executive Inn - "VillageSide Hotel Rooms" (previously called The Fireplace Inn).
To add to the confusion, the Mountain Side Hotel is also managed by another company who have their front desk in the Mountain Side Hotel lobby, while the Executive Inn front desk is at 4250 Village Stroll (check my village photo for details). Fortunately, both are within easy walking distance of each other.
Our room at the Mountain Side Hotel did not look anything like the Executive Inn photos on the website, because all the website photos are interior shots of the 4250 Village Stroll location. Destination travellers should be warned that rooms may not appear as advertised & to confirm their specific hotel address and the immediate amenities on site. Our room was a studio with a murphy bed with apartment sized appliances, air conditioning, gas fire, TV, small jetted tub, & free wireless internet. Our south-facing room overlooked the pool & hot tub area which can be enjoyed by guests staying at either location. The hot water was problematic when showering, switching from scalding to freezing in seconds; prompting me to conclude that it's much better to freeze than burn, but also conclude that they need a plumbing upgrade.
The Mountain Side Hotel features its own parkade (fee) & storage lockers for equipment. The storage locker diagram both on the door & inside the locker room bears no resemblance to the lockers in the actual room nor do they match the rooms in the hotel (???), in fact, an entire row was missing including the locker that was assigned to us by the front desk (Executive Inn front desk, 4250 Village Stroll, remember!). We randomly chose a locker & used the combination lock provided to us by the front desk, then we let the front desk know that the locker assigned to our unit does not exist; they didn't seem too concerned. Dual location property management, baffling locker room, & rooms which feel like the interior of an RV - it's hokey & unprofessional!
The location of both properties is very good for access to the Whistler or Blackcomb village gondolas (<3 minute walk), but would be a 10 minute hike to the Wizard chairlift (The Wizard Chair is often the only upload option for late Spring skiing mid-week, so call the mountain for lift details or visit their website). Driving to both locations is also very convenient via Sundial Place & Village Lane. Active loading & unloading is limited to 15 minutes on the street. For other parking options, check with the front desk or the Whistler Blackcomb website. We parked under the convention center for $5 from 5PM-10AM & drove to Base II on Blackcomb.
My two star rating may seem harsh, but here's the deal: you have been sold the idea that Whistler/Blackcomb is a world class destination resort with first-class facilities; you probably have high expectations, and you should, for the price you're paying for both accommodations and lift tickets. Your expectations should be exceeded by the properties you stay in and the on-mountain facilities & terrain. The Executive Inn website is clearly misleading and that's unacceptable in a "world class" resort. If your just looking for a reasonable place to spend your ski vacation dollars, then either location of the Executive Inn is fine, but if you want a very modern, full-service, first-class experience, then I suggest you look carefully at other properties. Thanks for reading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mountain Side Hotel is a famous ski lodge in the heart of Whistler Village. Operated by Executive Hotels and Resorts, this hotel is perfect for pleasure-seekers and boasts Whistler's best location. Our Mountain Side lodge style rooms are set back from the village with a stunning outdoor pool and Jacuzzi deck offering outstanding views of both Blackcomb and Whistler mountains. This Whistler BC boutique hotel is where high style meets serenity where beautiful people retreat to in seclusion and comfort with the dazzling Whistler Mountain as its backdrop and the celebrity chef driven restaurant, Trattoria, by Umberto Menghi and Whistler's hottest après ski lounge on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Mountain Side Hotel Whistler by Executive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.