“Everything was fantastic.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Edmonton, Canada
“Everything was fantastic.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Upon checking in we were given a very dark room with no sunlight coming in. We asked if there was a brighter room available which they found one and that made everything after incredible. Thank you Mr. Huggins.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark O
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Mark O

Thank you for staying with us and for choosing the Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler for your vacations.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, in particular Derrick's assistance in finding you a better accommodator upon your arrival.

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful team and we have shared your kind words with Derrick and all of our employees. They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

Looking forward to your return and to be of assistance if your travel plans bring you back to Whistler.

Resort manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Although the room is hugh but quite outdated technology. May be we did not use other facility in the hotel, we feel it is not worth the money we paid. However, they do have free wifi for two equipments only. You need to pay for additional one. No slippers and the ironing board is so old and broken. The room is not design for efficient use of space. They do have hair dryer, soaps and sampoo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kim K
Dear Kim K

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us to provide your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

I am disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered as this is not typical of the service we are known for. I would be grateful for an opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail and please find my contact information below.

With renewed apologies,

Resort Manager
Afonso.Cunha@fourseasons.com
604-902 16 19
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

The drive from Vancouver to Whistler is a spectacular drive. As you edge up the mountain, anticipation builds. The scenery becomes more and more astounding around every corner. This hotel has a lot to live up to.

We arrived in Whistler and found our way to the hotel. Set in the heart of Blackcomb and nestled a moments walk away from the main village the location was near perfect.

The check in was as simple as you'd want and within minutes we were in our hotel room gazing out at a picture postcard view of snow capped mountains.

The staff excel here and add to the enjoyment. Friendly and helpful and full of ideas and suggestions.

The room itself was a large luxury space with a large bathroom. The shame of it is that, you don't want to spend long in the room as there is so much else on offer.

The Spa was excellent too. I had a massage from a girl who in another world could have been a mystical healer. She was bending my body like a pipe cleaner and finding "knots" my body didn't know were possible to exist. I came out like a rubbery mess. It was fantastic.

The outdoor pool and hot tubs (3 of them) were equally excellent, enhanced by the lovely Australian girl serving drinks. I can imagine living in a small slice of heaven puts a smile on your face but she was a real pleasure to deal with.

Our first night had a BBQ. This was a local social event and a really nice touch.

It really was a special place to be. I can't recommend it highly enough. if you're in Whistler it's a no brainer.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view. We were on the 8th floor and it was excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nikgarston
Dear nikgarston

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive experience with special remarks to, our rooms, the pool and the hot tubs and last but not least the service levels..

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful team and we have shared your kind words with all of our employees. They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

On the same note and If you feel you had an outstanding stay, we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

If you have read some of my past reviews, you will see that I rave about the Westin Whistler. This past weekend, I stayed at the Four Seasons Whistler for one night, and I can tell you that I wish I was staying for a week! First, the price. Yes it's more expensive than the Westin or most other hotels in Whistler. You need to consider the service and value that you get for staying here. Check in was excellent, we arrived at 10am and the room wasn't ready (expected since check-out is 11am). We went to the farmer's market and 20 minutes later I received a call from the hotel advising my room was ready!. When we walked into our room (2 adults, 2 kids) we found all our bags put away in the walk-in closet and two giant cookies with our boy's names on them. The room finishes are beautiful and the size of the room was generous. We booked a Premier room.
The pool - kid friendly, service excellent, they handed out frozen watermelon slices one day and frozen berries the next! Food a tad expensive but Whistler is expensive and if you can eat pool-side all the better! My wife went to a nearby restaurant for lunch (Milestones) and paid almost as much for mediocre food). Tip…you can order from a kid's menu, just ask the poolside servers! Pool toys provided by the hotel.
There's an area close to the pool that has foosball, ping pong, and air hockey for hotel guests as well.
Spa- My wife had a massage, she said it was nice but not the best she's had, maybe it was the masseuse.
Valet - The guys were super. I think it was Chris (red hair, beard) was great, friendly with the kids, polite.
Car Service - This was sweet! Free car service in a Benz. I had to go to the village and was driven down and picked up.
Room service- Had breakfast in the room, not too expensive, food was excellent. Service top-notch.
There were even a couple of celebrity sightings in the hotel (BIG time celeb and an athlete).

The negative side to the hotel was that the free wifi (up to 2 devices) was super slow. You can upgrade to a faster connection and up to 4 devices for $20. I've always felt that fast wifi should be free but hotels do have to recover their costs.
The other negative was the business centre. It's a sit down counter next to the elevators. I had to take a few conference calls and didn't want to take them from the room but I couldn't use the business centre as it was loud and had no privacy. Unfortunately they didn't have a quiet area for me to use. It would have been nice if they had a private office for me to use (even at a cost). I had to go to a friend's house.

Overall, this was the best stay that we've had in Whistler. I would recommend this hotel, spend a bit more but enjoy the value added services.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
3 Thank itrvl4work
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Trvl4work

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for staying with us during your Whistler visit.

We much appreciate your feedback and I'll make certain to share your comments with the teams, They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

On the same note and If you feel you had a "First Class" stay, we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Looking forward to welcome you back and be of assistance when your vacation plans include another visit to the Four Seasons Resort and Residences in Whistler

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We loved this property. My only comment is that there is a waiting list for sitting in a chair by the pool. At least one hour just to sit near the pool is something I have not encountered at any other resort of this caliber..

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Lee D
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear Lee D

On a different note my profuse apologies for your pool experience and the wait to get a lounge chair by the pool.

We much appreciate your feedback and I'll make certain to share your comments with the teams in order to celebrate your overall experience but also address the areas of concern.

Vancouver, British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

We live in Vancouver and are often in Whistler both summer and winter. Having stayed in many of the hotels around the mountain, the Four Seasons is now our GO-TO place. Great food and service and the pool and spa are great. They are also VERY dog friendly....a nice touch to those of us with a dog in tow.

Room Tip: The corner suites are fantastic. Lots of space and good views from almost every one of them...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Dear Scott P

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your very positive resort experience with special remarks to the food, Spa and pool experiences.

On the same note and If you feel we are the "GO TO" place in Whistler , we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Looking forward to your return and to be of assistance when your travel plans bring you back to Whistler.

Campbell River
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

I've never been to such a grand hotel in Canada, as the Four Seasons Resort in Whistler.I loved everything about it. The location. The Restaurant with it's little putting green, the pool, the service throughout the hotel was fantastic.

Room Tip: I had a room on the third floor away from the elevator. It was great room!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Kathleen C

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive experience with special remarks to the resort location, Sidecut restaurant and the overall service levels..