“Good but not great!”

Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good but not great!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We spent six nights at the hotel and it was our second stay. We opted for the spend as you wish package and it turned out to be a disaster,because the staff thought it had to be used up on daily basis not cumulative over the 6 nights, ultimately the manager confirmed it was cumulative an did the right thing. However I just expected more from a FS. The first suite we had was "worn a little" and despite low occupancy we had no choice to stay in it for the first night, the second night we move to 565 which was better and also overlooked the road versus the courtyard. Courtyard views are bright even at night with all the LED lights in the trees. The manager did offer us to upgrade to the presidential suite for $2000 per night additional, which was ridiculous. I will say the food at the hotel was excellent, the bar waitress' were great as well as the pool staff. Also the Spa was excellent and the treatments top notch. One last thing to keep in mind if it is your first visit,the hotel does not have a ski slope view and also the skiing locker room is 10 minute walk away. We used to stay at the Fairmont which is in a spectacular location, however both hotels are best choices in Whistler. Bottom line we enjoyed our stay despite the front desk staff that should be in "Sales Prevention" department!

Room Tip: If you like darkness when you sleep choose an outside room!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dbenamy
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear dbenamy

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us to provide your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I am disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered as this is not typical of the service we are known for. I would be grateful for an opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail and please find my contact information below.

604-902 1619

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We came here for Christmas after numerous recommendations from British friends.

Everything here from service, food, snow, proximity to village was fantastic.

There is a ski concierge in the village, which means you do not have to carry ski equipment around with you when you get off the slopes and you receive a hot chocolate and cookie once you finish your day skiing. Both Blackcombe and Whistler are great ski resorts and we had snow mid mountain every day we were there.

Food was great - One of the best breakfasts we had for hotel stay and a great start to a full day of skiing. Atmosphere in the restaurant wasn't great so we opted to eat at the bar every evening. Great bar staff very friendly, great cocktails and fab food.

After a day of skiing i would definitely recommend going down to the hot tubs where you can get mulled wine and brownies.

Being there over Christmas, we didn't find it too be too crowded. You should definitely book dinner slots in advance if there over Christmas period.

Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Smilie Travels

Thank you for staying with us over Christmas and for sharing your positive experience with special remarks to the Ski concierge, the food in general and the bar staff/

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful team and we have shared your kind words with all of our employees. They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

Looking forward to your return and to be of assistance if your travel plans bring you back to Whistler.

Warmest Regards

Resort manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the residences in a 2 br apartment for the first week of Jan. It is not worth the very expensive price tag. I don't mind paying a premium for a premium experience but it really wasn't. The rooms are obviously very beautiful and clean, but It is the little extras you expect - eg: fast reliable internet, basic food condiments in the kitchen, replenished tea bags, milk supplied, more than one couch after a long day in the slopes, gas in the balcony heater, all bathroom amenities supplied and of better quality. Another downside is the bus in and out of town is not on a timetable so you spend a lot of time waiting in the cold. Upsides are the bar staff and ski concierge staff are
lovely, but if you don't mind paying the money and being out of town I think the hotel would be a much better choice. All the services, including bar, shop and restaurant are there, there is even bar service in the pool. The residences is very private, but has no life to it and feels like the forgotten cousin. (With bad lighting in the lobby). Save yourself the money and give the residences a miss (you will need the extra money for the over the top prices in the bar and restaurant anyway).

Stayed January 2014
Dear debbiepebbie

604-902-1619
Chicago
Reviewed January 9, 2014

From the moment we arrived our skiing experience has been flawless. While not directly on the slopes every effort has been made to make it as easy and accessible as possible. The ski concierge service area was exceptional including hot chocolate and warm chocolate cookies available for the walk back to the resort.

• Stayed January 2014
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear CMacChicago

Thank you for staying with us and for choosing the Four Seasons Resort Whistler for your ski vacations. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and your ski concierge experience was nothing but flawless. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful team such as the ski concierge team and we have shared your kind words with all of our employees. They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

Warmest regards,

Calif
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have been to several 4 Seasons resort, this one had the slowest service of them all. I had so many meals comped. and believe me I was not looking for a freebie, It took 45 mins for a salad and a glass of wine. And that was after I asked 20 mins later were is my wine. And it was not busy. The ski shop measured all of us wrong, and when you went to the ski conceirge to pickup
your skis. They had lost one of our kids, and also did not know the bindings were wrong on another 2 sets of skis until we reached the top of the mountain. The shuttle bus to the village is
a waste of time waiting for it. runs every 20 mins. I seemed to miss it everytime. Room service breakfast was the only thing good I can say, they were the only ones that arrived as they said they would. Don't eat breakfast in the restaurant if you order off the menu you should expect to sit there for 2 hrs. Only eat the buffet if you want food! The Side Cut for Xmas dinner was amazing. That was my only dinner at the hotel. If I had to do it again I would stay at the Fairmont, it is in the village and right out the door is the ski lift. Spa was ok. Alot of uneducated
employees, who really don't know what they are talking about, most are from Australia. Concierge sent us on a wild goose chase, She told us the sleigh ride is across the street. To find out it is a 15 min car drive. Stuff like that. They also give you tiny bottles of shampoo etc.
had to ask for more because they would never give you anymore. I paid 3700.00 a night for a 2 bdrm suite. For god sake give me more shampoo and towels. Check in was odd to, I had to
go to front desk and check in, and they did not take us to our room either, just pointed us to the elevator. We get to our room and it is completely dark couldnt find the light switch, I mine as well have been checking in at motel 6. Usually 4 seasons gives us a welcome back letter and a treat. There was nothing. I have a had this room booked for 9 months. I was very dissapointed with the 4 seasons Whistler.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children, or anyone who is stuck on the sofa bed, they will be very unhapp...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank kamerkel
Jessalyn, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear kamerkel,

604-902-1619
chicago
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed at the 4 seasons whistler over the holidays. If you have ever been to a four seasons you know they have a great way of making everything classy yet family friendly. I love it because it is never stuffy or pretentious, yet has everything one could want.

This resort is a few minutes from the lifts and in the upper village. At first, I was concerned about this, but I actually liked the upper village better. The shuttle service was great (way classier than the Fairmont). The ski concierge had some missteps, but no big deal they tried hard. (Oh by the way, almost everyone who works in Whistler is from England or Australia). The hot tub and spa is great and the work out room first class.

The only thing keeping this from a 5 were 1) the beds were a little below 4 season standards and there is no real cool pares ski bar. Of course there is a place to get a drink, but its very tiny and has no ambiance or views. I suggest walking to the Fairmont for a cozy fireplace hot something or other.

All in all a great place, although a little expensive imo.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DudsyJ
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hot tub was a great way to relax after a long day of skiing. The ski concierge was extrodinarily helpful and getting our rentals was a breeze! Their dual location both inside the hotel and at the base of Blackcomb Mountain ensured that there was always a minimal walk in the ski boots before and after skiing. The service was incredible and every need our family had was met and more. Our party included myself, my wife, and our two daughters. The hotel provided us with connected rooms with a large door through the spacious closet, giving the feel of one large suite for the entire family. We will always return to Four Seasons as our choice hotel for Whistler, BC!

• Stayed December 2013