“Beatiful place.”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We felt at home. The rooms very nicely furnished. We had the barbecue dinner on thursday, the roasted pig was superb. Thet lent us a couple of Smart bicycles and we got around the trails without any effort. In short, we will come back.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel, except this time we brought along our two and a half year old along with our dog. All in all, our expectations were met with the hotel premises and room being clean and well attended to. Staff greeted us warmly and tried to engage my son as a valued guest as well.

Upon checking in all the extras we had requested were already in the room (crib with goodies for our son and food/water dishes for our dog) along with a nice plate of cupcakes for my birthday. They've even upgraded the tv to a nice flat screen now, an insignificant perk really, but interesting nonetheless since I had commented in my last review that it's curious to see a hotel of this nature still have crt tvs in the room. For the eco-minded I noticed that most of the lamps in the room were fitted with Phillips LED bulbs to save on electricity, kudos for that!

Room service was delivered promptly and the service there was nice too. Really wanted to try out Sidecut but as we had our dog with us and we weren't supposed to leave him in the room alone we had to venture out to the village instead.

All in all, yes, you do pay more to stay here but if you can appreciate good service and want to be somewhere a bit quieter than the main village you simply cannot go wrong with this hotel. We've stayed at both Pan Pacifics in Whistler along with the Sundial boutique hotel and though all 3 are fantastic hotels in their own right, my family will continue to be guests at the Four Seasons on future trips up.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nismoboy
Reviewed September 15, 2013

There is a certain expectation of service when you book at the Four Seasons and this hotel definitely ticked the boxes. Did it impress me beyond expectations? Probably not. Staff were friendly and professional, the room was spacious and well appointed (but starting to show its age), the pool was great and the property was well located in the Upper Village. We stayed during the busy Labour Day weekend and the bell staff seemed stressed and overworked and the pool was packed to the gills. It was a good stay but definitely didn't leave me awestruck, like the service levels of some other Four Seasons often do.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We arrived at the hotel to be warmly greeted by the front door staff, i.e.: valets, bellman and doormen and from there the service began and stopped. I will add that their service was good and consistent throughout our four days. Thank you guys!!

Sadly, the front desk check-in was casual and not remotely resembling a Four Seasons check-in and it all went downhill from there. There was no name recognition or a simple welcome back (our fourth stay).

Check-out was terrible with a very rude front desk staff member with an attitude I have not seen in luxury hotels. Here there was also no name recognition, no how was your stay?, no nothing....just errors on the bill and like said an attitude to boot! This woman was so rude that I almost let her ruin my stay.

In addition, we purchased a package through the travel agent Whatahotel.com. We have used them before without problem so I wanted to use them for this trip. However, the package we purchased was reneged on by the Four Seasons and we were left without our original package. And, yes I read all the fine print and had everything in writing but did the Four Season staff care? Nope! It was not until I complained/contacted Whatahotel.com where the travel plans were made that the situation was resolved. But, think about it...having to deal with fixing a previous made travel arrangement during your vacation is pretty disappointing. Thankfully, Whatahotel.com had the hotel fix everything and we are to receive credits for the overcharges and I was to receive a telephone call from the manager at the Four Seasons regarding the whole mess. Well that was Tuesday and today is Saturday and nothing. Surprised? No. Disappointed? Yes.

In terms of the room, when we arrived we had to call for soap, towels, the safe was broken, and both myself and our travel agent had made arrangements for medium to large sized dog accessories and when we arrived they were for a dog who was tiny....another phone call. and on and on it went....

We ordered a $100 room service breakfast that was poor quality, sloppy and inedible. Best described as gross.

All in all our stay was disappointing and while this was our forth trip it will be our last. I should add that hotel occupancy was about 20% so absolutely no excuse for poor service.

On a positive note, everyone we met in Whistler were so friendly (from the locals, to the tourists, to the guests at our hotel and at the others, to the shop keeps). It was one of the highlights of our stay. The Sunday Farmers Market is wonderful and so are the folks who have their booths there. The trails for hiking/walking are also well kept, clean and easy to follow.

I highly recommend Whistler as a dining and shopping destination, however, I suggest looking elsewhere for accommodations perhaps the Nita Lake Lodge. I do not recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Request a room that is not on the side of the outdoor BBQ or you will not be able to either open any...
2  Thank RomanVancouver
Jessalyn, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear RomanVancouver,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us to provide your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I am disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered as this is not typical of the service we are known for. I would be grateful for an opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail and please find my contact information below.

With renewed apologies,

Peter Humig
peter.humig@fourseasons.com
604-966-2655

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Good resort hotel, not best Four Seasons we've stayed in but definitely best hotel in Whistler.
Staff are friendly and reasonably efficient. Comfortable room, Sidecut Restaurant lacks atmosphere but perhaps it's better in the ski season, better fine dining venues in the village.
Heated pool/hot-tub are a must.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

First class place from the moment we arrived. Super service from the front door right through. The staff are incredible, the early morning coffee in the lobby which we took to the outdoor hot tub (first one's there), the Saturday night outdoor BBQ which was beyond description as was the Sunday morning brunch, the rooms, the services, the beds, the people, the list goes on. Service, service service was what impressed us most, and at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Loved it all... valet parking, excellent service from staff, very accommodating especially when I got sick one of the nights, very comfortable rooms, very clean, everything you'd expect from a luxury resort... except good wifi signal. My only complaint is that their complimentary wifi service is terrible... the signal is so bad that when I Facetimed my boyfriend, it kept cutting in and out. Even just browsing the internet is slow. Also, you can only have 1 device connected... if you want a better signal you have to pay $15 extra I think.

I also liked the little extras and attention to detail they had. We were there during the Gran Fondo and they had free gatorade and juice at the entrance, a bike tuning station, and a screen set up in the lobby so you can check when riders have finished. They also had a fantastic band entertaining guests at night and a BBQ and s'mores station during the day. Loved it!