“Skip the in-room dining” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Whistler
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Skip the in-room dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

A lovely hotel in this mountain paradise. But, buyer beware: the in-room dining may terribly disappoint. The latte I had was the worst in recent memory: lukewarm, barely a hint of espresso, and no crema to be found. The pancakes - also lukewarm (if that) came with a dollop of berry compote, which made for a soggy, un-hot pancake. And, you would think that in BC, you would get real maple syrup. Nope. Instead - brown stained corn syrup. I was not impressed, especially at a price tag of $60 + tip for 2 people.

Aside from this, the Four Seasons provides a lovely room, a superb shower, great front desk staff, and they were very welcoming to our dog.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing blackcomb mountain.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lori C
Todd Y, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Lori C,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing valuable feedback on your stay. So glad to hear our front staff were so wonderful and I hope your dog enjoyed the treats out front as well. I was sorry to learn of the details regarding your in room dining order and I am following up with our culinary team. I would be grateful for an opportunity to speak with you personally to offer my sincere apologies.

Regards,
Todd Yamaoka
Resort Manager
todd.yamaoka@fourseasons.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Extremely family friendly , with kind staff and a great community of ski support , restaurant staff and a special cookie was left in our room with my daughters name on it.
the courtesy bus into the village works very well especially as they will pick up and drop off your ski stuff . All very personal service

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed at this property with my family for our annual winter vacation. This is our first time in whistler and certainly not the last.

As expected from any four season property the service was perfect. The check in process was quick and painless. Everything in the room worked.......except the toilet paper dispenser, which kept coming apart. Since we were staying one night I didnt make a big deal about it.

The retaurant, side cut, had some inovative appetizers in the menu that was worth ordering seconds. The steaks were marinated in your choice of dry rub and cooked to the right doneness. They also had an assortment of sauces, which was not needed since the steaks were perfect.

Although I cant say that much for the bar/lounge where we had steaks the next day, they couldnt get my sons steak done medium rare, even on the 2nd try it still came out medium well.

The ski concierge at the hotel was a really interesting service, you arrange for your rental at the hotel, then you pick it up at a station near the slopes. The staff at the ski concierge were very helpfull in helping my son adjust his equipment and on the return they helped remove is boot which was kinda stuck and offered warm beverages and cookies.

Reminds me of the four seasons in the maldives. When you come climb onto the boat, after scuba diving, they offer you warm thick towels to dry up and cold drinks cookies and fruits.

At the end of the day, its the little things that count. The smiles, the staff greeting you by your name, everyting in the room is where it should be.

I plan on returning summer to MTB down whistler, too bad they dont have a bike concierge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

As experienced travelers would expect, the Four Seasons Whistler provides all the amenities and services a guest would want. I visited in March for a ski trip and shared a standard room with a friend. For skiers and tourists, the Four Seasons is a longer walk from the central village than any of the other premium hotels including Fairmont, Westin, Delta and Hilton. However, for skiers, the Four Seasons ski concierge service is unmatched. Our gear was ready and waiting whenever we were ready to go and it was quite nice to swap the ski boots for sneakers without needing to return to the hotel room. We only ate in the restaurant for the breakfast buffet. It was good, but nothing surprisingly good. I really liked the fact that they had a year round heated outdoor pool. Despite being a chilly wet March week, I saw many adults and children enjoying the pool, and not just the hot tub. Very attentive bar service at the pool as well.

Room Tip: It's a small place, so it's hard to get a bad location in the building
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Group_Hotel_Pro
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful week my husband & I had at Four Seasons Whistler. The room was spacious & clean, amazing big bathrooms and the most comfy bed, which provided great sleep to recover from not only jet lag, but a hard day on the slopes. All round service was faultless, (even got cupcakes delivered on my birthday) and the ski concierge was the most well organised, efficient, friendly service in the whole of Whistler. Nothing was too hard for them. The hotel is located in the upper village, so about a 5-10 minute walk to the base of blackcombe, (which we were not bothered by, we had ski concierge!!!) This is the quieter end of whistler so don't stay here if being amongst the party life is what your after. We enjoyed the hotels amenities, however deep pockets are required for pool side drinks & spa treatments. Breakfast was over rated & probably the only disappointment. The bar is very relaxing, a great way to unwind and warm up and enjoy a drink with a light meal... Will i go back??? My goodness yes! See you next season four seasons whistler, and thanks for a very memorable trip.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank LZSR
New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked to celebrate my wife's birthday. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly. The room was modern and luxurious, I had ordered roses in our room that were beautiful. The front desk staff recommended a great restaurant and were extremely helpful. I requested an upgrade to our room and as it was the end of the ski season the hotel accommodated my request.

The location is perfect and only a 15 minute walk into the village, this was great as we parked our car and never drove. I would recommend this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, The spa and pool were located close to each other.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the mountains
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Edenbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

From the moment we arrived it was perfect. Hotels and service don't get any better!
Having stayed at Chateau Whistler and the Westin, I was expecting a similar standard and was completely blown away (and I am fussy!). The staff were attentive, the room (and upgrade) were wonderful with a mountain view, the jacuzzi hot - along with the heated ski boots! We would vacation here every winter if we could...

Room Tip: The mountain view was lovely and although we were given a free room upgrade to a suite, i would pay...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple