“Ridiculously brilliant in every way”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed March 7, 2013

UK tourist, who has mainly skied in France/Italy/Austria and been accustomed to European hospitality. North American resorts clearly blow European hotels out of the water when it comes down to service and value for money but this resort, in my opinion, rivaled that to what you would expect in the Far East when it comes to these two aspects. It just took it to another level.

Everything from the service at reception to that in the restaurants & bell boys was top class, combined with great skiing for the week. We went early January 2013 for 6 nights and despite it being -10C plus on the slopes, the hotel was clearly a welcome break after a cold and hard day skiing.
Benefits of the hotel are:

1). Away from the noise and buzz of central Whistler resort, located in Blackcomb, and not disturbed by partygoers in the middle of the night or the noise from snow combers.
2). Incredibly good food, from breakfast to dinner...try the huevos montana at breakfast.
3). Wonderful heated pool, jacuzzi that is something you never see in European resorts; nothing like being in a hot-tub and the snow is coming down in the evening after an eventful day on the slopes.
4). Nothing is too much for the staff and they attend to every tiny request you may have
5). Complimentary GL & ML Class Mercedes to whisk you privately around the resort (including Creekside), in addition to hotel shuttle bus.
6). Awesome fireplace in the room and a massive bathroom.
7). Hot chocolate and cookies after skiing at the concierge
8). Ski concierge look after and handle all your equipment from when you arrive, during your stay, and at check-out. Includes liaising with the Whistler Blackcomb store if you have hired equipment like we did.
9). My wife used the spa, and although expensive, the treatments were of a very good quality
10). Wonderful beds and just what you need after a hard day skiing.....as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out for the count!

This is not only the best ski hotel I have stayed in but one of the best hotels I have stayed in...period! We were debating between this hotel, the Fairmont and the Westin, but so happy we took the advice of our agent and booked this hotel. Don't get me wrong, Whistler is one of the best ski resorts around, and combine this with the 4 Seasons, you have an unbelievable holiday.

Don't say this often but I cannot wait to go back to a hotel I have previously stayed in....so many great memories.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rajbabyb

Reviewed March 6, 2013

First review I have ever done for Tripadvisor, though use it a lot when planning a holiday.
Four seasons was one of the best hotel stays I have had. The rooms are great - spacious, luxurious but in an elegant way, and well designed. Great staff - nothing was ever too much trouble, always friendly and in a natural way, not false nor forced.
Loved the gym and pool complex, which felt a bit like a Japanese Onsen (kept my clothes on!). Good change room with lost of showers and towels, then walk out to hot tub in the snow. Well equipped gym.
The ski concierge is very decadent; just drop the skis and boots off and walk or shuttle home in comfort.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I wanted to express my appreciation for the superior service I received during my stay at the

Four Seasons Resort Whistler. In particular, sutie bus driver and Ski concierge were very helpful

and deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service.

The staff maintained a positive attitude and ensured I felt welcome during my stay. Everyone

treated me with dignity and respect. I was amazed at the consistency in their peformance . The restaurant is excellent, one of the best in Whistler

Kudos to you and your staff for making my stay a great one - I will definitely be staying with

the Four Seasons Resort Whistler again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2013

What an amazing hotel and spa. Upon arrival, upgraded to a larger room. Small cake to celebrate my boyfriends Birthday, which was a very nice touch. Staff couldn't do enough for us, made our holiday very special, thank you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

One week with extended family (3 rooms).
We throughly enjoyed our week in Whistler at the Four Seasons Resort.
This hotel lives up to it's ranking and one can see that the staff is doing their best to give
guests a great experience.
The concierges are excellent, as good as we have seen anywhere.
Room service generally fine, a couple of issues one day, but quickly corrected.
The spa was very professional and comfortable.
The ski concierge at Blackcomb base could use better organization and supervision.
Overall a good positive experience and we will stay again next year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My son left his credit card in Fifty Two 80 bar. I spoke to the manager and within the hour, Joseph of the Security department informed me that it had been found. He arranged for it to be brought to the Four Seasons Vancouver where it was claimed. I would not have been able to experience this level of service if we stayed in another hotel.
Very efficient Concierge staff - they gave good recommendations and arranged for our transportation, activities and restaurant reservations.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Front desk staff.....unreal
Door Staff.....unreal
SPA!!! It's real and it's awesome.

The staff here would do anything to make sure the guests at this hotel and spa are happy. If being pampered is knowing that the service staff in a hotel are there for anything you need anytime, then this hotel is one that prides itself on pampering.

The ski concierge is the best invention in skiing since the shaped ski. Show up and put your gear on....at the end of the day a member of the FOUR SEASONS staff meets you at the bottom of e hill and takes and store the ski gear for you....did I mention that they meet you with hot chocolate and cookies. A ride back to the hotel in a G series Mercedes is a nice touch as well.

Room Tip: They are all good.