“Unreal service. Unreal Location”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Saskatoon, Canada
“Unreal service. Unreal Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Front desk staff.....unreal
Door Staff.....unreal
SPA!!! It's real and it's awesome.

The staff here would do anything to make sure the guests at this hotel and spa are happy. If being pampered is knowing that the service staff in a hotel are there for anything you need anytime, then this hotel is one that prides itself on pampering.

The ski concierge is the best invention in skiing since the shaped ski. Show up and put your gear on....at the end of the day a member of the FOUR SEASONS staff meets you at the bottom of e hill and takes and store the ski gear for you....did I mention that they meet you with hot chocolate and cookies. A ride back to the hotel in a G series Mercedes is a nice touch as well.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NeilCabri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Boras, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Excellent staff (really 7-star service on a 5 star gradation...), beautiful surroundings, very relaxing and cosy feeling, despite the size of the hotel. Great breakfast but pricy if you are not on a B&B plan. Well equipped, well adapted and comfy rooms, maybe a slight feeling of a bit weared and teard, but not disturbingly so. Nice spa, nice outdoor pools. Would love to return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My second time staying at this site for a conference. The staff here are fantastic, excellent customer service , from the door and beyond. I love the rooms. They have amazing bathrooms, walkin closets, and large rooms. The balconies are also a nice touch. The food is great in the restaurant but pricey...but this is Whistler. I would recommend this hotel. It is one of the most beautiful hotels here so if you are looking for a "top drawer" experience definitely book here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lismore, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

On our recent tour of Canada we were fortunate to stay at the Four Seasons Resort at Whistler. What a wonderful place to stay. The rooms were huge and so beautifully appointed. The bathroom was to die for and the side dressing room/wardrobe was just great. This place was one of the memorable places on our Evergreen tour of Canada. Totally recommend the resort.

Room Tip: All rooms that our friends stayed in were just great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just got back from an amazing 5 night stay at the Four Seasons Resort Whistler and loved every minute of it.

The staff is absolutely wonderful and we felt that everything was taken care of from the minute we arrived:

•    We had a beautiful suite with fireplace and a great view at the mountains.
•    The Concierge gave us great recommendations and advice not only for restaurants but what to wear and where to ski - depending on the weather
•    After we took the courtesy car once we realized that it is only a 3 minute walk to the ski concierge and a little further to the heart of the village and it is a very nice walk
•    The restaurant is excellent, one of the best in Whistler and the breakfast buffet is absolutely delicious (loved the homemade granola). We also had dinner there and it was such a great experience to chose the steak, the rub and the selection of homemade sauces. One of the best steaks we had – it melted in our mouth
•    We rented our ski equipment in the shop at the hotel and the next day everything was waiting for us at the ski concierge (including my own boots, so that I did not have to carry them).
•    The ski concierge offered us complimentary hot chocolate and cookies when we came back from a day of skiing and when I wanted to switch my skis they took care of immediately and the next day everything was ready for me. One time we had lunch and somebody else mistakenly took my skis and after I told the ski concierge they sorted it out and the next day my skis were waiting for me again. Not having to deal with things like this on vacation is priceless! The Ski Concierge is so great that I prefer this over a ski in / ski out resort!
•    The spa is amazing but just sitting in the hot tub with a drink is quite relaxing
•    That staff was outstanding and they really anticipated our needs in all areas

We had a wonderful stay and we hope to be back to experience one of the other seasons as well!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

A family weekend get away/business meeting so was able to get an okay rate due to conference. If we were paying the original rate would be very disappointed. Comfortable, clean, and great service but can get this at other hotels for less $$. No kitchen and small rooms. Westin is a better value with full kitchen and comparable comfort and service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here two years ago and everything was perfect. This time however was a little less impressive. I still think it's the best property in Whistler, but I hope management can take note of the following:

Ski Concierge - while it felt luxurious and exclusive last time, it felt like a zoo this time. Mind you, it was a super busy period with Chinese New Year, family day long weekend and all. No matter how hard the staff tried they simply couldn't cope. Arriving at 8:45 in the morning it was a struggle to even find a seat, not to mention getting the attention of any staff. There were plenty of mistakes made: wrong shoe size, wrong helmet size etc. One day after changing to a pair of more comfy ski boots, they forgot to change the corresponding setting on my skis, luckily I checked just before leaving hotel, otherwise I would be scrambling for help on the slopes! Another occasion I found snowboard gears of another guest placed inside my room, blocking my entire hallway. A tip for management: do not use just surnames of guests. There can easily be guests with the same surname staying at the same time, especially during Chinese New Year!

Room - my biggest gripe was their duvet. Instead of using a proper duvet cover, they use a couple of bed sheets to sandwich it. Inevitable during the night, the sheets get messed up and you end up sleeping with an uncovered duvet which I found extremely uncomfortable and unhygienic.

and concierge - generally excellent but a couple of times I called the concierge from my room they had to call me back, and there was one time it took almost 2 hours for them to call

Restaurant - breakfast was a rip off. Full buffet only includes diluted juices, fresh juices extra charge. Same with coffee, only black coffee included, cappuccino costs an extra $7, and it was possibly the worst cappuccino I ever tasted. I went for the cold buffet only but my kid couldn't finish an egg yolk so I helped him. The waiter immediately slapped a full buffet charge on me. Not cool.
Dinner at Sidecut was fine and the steaks were good. But the waiter forgot our drinks order completely, not once, but twice!

Valet and shuttle drivers - the brightest spot during our stay. Top notch service. Friendly, efficient and willing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family