“One of the best luxury resorts!”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Montecito, California
“One of the best luxury resorts!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Four Seasons Resort Whistler was one of the most incredible hotels I have been too! I have stayed at some of the top luxury resorts and this place is one of them. The hotel is perfection and the staff not only offer the best service but they are so sweet and welcoming. I will come back over and over. I was worried at first b/c I wanted a ski in and ski out resort for my son but decided over luxury hotel then ski in ski out. I am so happy I picked this hotel because they have Mercedes shuttles to the lift which is 3 mins away. I was able to stay and use the spa and enjoy the resort. This is a 5 star top resort.

Room Tip: I picked with Tony's help a 2 bedroom villa #948. This was incredible. This room is actually a l...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Todd Y, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear KGetty,
Thank you for posting your fabulous experience at our resort . It is always so wonderful to hear comments that speak to the service provided by our staff. We are very fortunate to have such a special group of individuals in our Four Seasons family. It snowing today and we can't wait to welcome you back very soon.

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We spent three nights at the property last week and really enjoyed the attentiveness and friendliness of the staff. The hotel itself is really beautiful, but lacking a bit in character. It is definitely a quieter escape than the nearby Fairmont. There were less families with children and the bar was alot less busy than the lounge bar at the Fairmont. This had its pluses and its minuses. While quiet and relaxing, we did wish there was a bit more atmosphere. We were told, however, that a band starts playing in the bar later on in the season and things liven up. Service in the bar was amazing though. We met the nicest server and she took excellent care of us.

The rooms are very nice, but don't have a wow factor. We upgraded to a Junior Suite where the view was the wow factor (especially after the large snowfall). They are very comfortable with the bedroom and separate living room and extremely quiet. We slept well while there. We found the Superior Room a bit small and our view of the forest at the back was definitely not as good as in the upgraded room. Housekeeping was excellent as well and paid attention to the small details like filling our ice bucket nightly.

For those concerned about the location, the shuttle and the ski concierge make the location way less of an issue. Although, we did have problems getting back to the hotel one night, but getting lost in the snow was actually quite fun in the end. The shuttle drops you off right in the Village and always seemed to be ready to go when we hit the lobby. The bell staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. Overall, I'm really looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Junior Suite. For $50 more a night, it's worth it.
1 Thank AmandaMV
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'm not one to make comments, good or otherwise...however.

Our stay at the Four Seasons Resort in Whistler was made all the more enjoyable by the attentive staff & outstanding way the hotel is managed. When away from home comfort, security & service takes priority over all else. The Four Seasons Resort Whistler met & exceeded our expectations.

We started planning our visit over a month before our arrival & corresponded with the hotel's Concierge (Hana Lynn & Jennifer) & InRoom Services (Samantha & Angela) to manage the details of our stay. The special evening you put together for our 31st anniversary was very much appreciated.

The Front Door staff got us to/from our World Cup events at the Sliding Centre & dinner reservations quickly. Thank you gentlemen, you represent the hotel with a professional manner that goes a long way in reassuring a repeat visit. The hotels Upper Village location suited our desire to be walking distance to but not directly in the busy Village Centre.

Cory & Damien in the 5280 Bar & Chelsea who took care of our room, and all the Ski Concierge staff, thank you. Our only regret was not having time to use the Spa facilities. They looked very inviting...next visit.

From check in with Carmine to Andrew getting our luggage & vehicle at check out, a memorable experience we hope to repeat in the future.

1 Thank WhiskyJack50
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This my family's second time back to the Four Season's Whistler. We are all incredibly impressed with the resort on every level. A few people who deserve special mention are the Fornt Office Manger Carmine and the Ski Concierge Fiona. However, all staff members have been incredible and are clearly dedicated to providing the most outstaning hotel/resort experience for their guests and exceeds all expectations (even those for other Four Seasons).

Our first visit here was 11 months ago and although overall fantastic there were some service glitches which have since clearly been corrected.

Food and beverage services are outstanding and I highly recommend Side Cut for dinner (even if you are not staying at the Four Seasons). Additionally, the Fifty Two 80 Bistro & Bar is a terrific retreat for lunch or even dinner.

Rooms are very spacious and immaculate. Housekeeping obviously takes pride in their work and does a terrific job at twice daily service.

The staff goes out of their way to identify their guests and address them by name. Little details are remembered by all and this is impressive.

One of the best features of this hotel for the skier or snow boarder is the ski concierge. I have stayed at other ski resorts which boast a ski concierge, but are no competition for the level of service, graciousness and kindness offered by the Four Seasons.

Some have commented on their reviews of this resort that the Four Seasons Whistler is not truly a ski in/ski out resort. While this is true, it is not a drawback. It is a short walk from the hotel to the ski concierge. Additionally, ski lift tickets and rentals can be handled by an amazing staff on-site at the hotel. There are actually not any true ski in/ski out resorts in Whistler like in other cities (i.e. Ritz Carlton Beaver Creek) so the comments about this not being ski in/ski out is moot given no true resorts of this type in Whistler. The Chateau Fairmont is right up against the mountain and next to the lifts, but does not have a ski valet. Additionally, their rooms are old, small, and musty compared to the Four Seasons and the resort is not nearly as exclusive. The Westin is a good option in the Main Village, but they charge for their ski valet (I believe) and does not offer the luxury and service of the Four Seasons.

The Upper Village is a great location and away from the craziness of the main village. However, the Main Village is less than 5 minutes away by frequent shuttles and/or the courtesy Mercedes SUVs offered by the Four Seasons.

Overall I would strongly recommend the Four Seasons Whistler as the best and only luxury option for the discriminating traveler wanting the best of the best. There is no comparison. If there were a five star plus or six star rating I would award this to the Four Seasons Whistler. My stay is not over yet, but felt compelled to write a review for other travelers coming to the Whistler/Blackcomb Resort area. Bottom Line - If the Four Seasons Resort Whistler is within your budget don't think twice - BOOK IT! One last tip. I go between my AMEX Platinum/Black for travel reservations using Fine Hotels & Resorts. Booking this way affords you many benefits including breakfast for two daily, a food credit, guaranteed 4pm late check-out (a big plus!) and possibly an upgrade upon check-in if available. However, I can't imagine any room being a bad room/location in this resort.

Room Tip: Not a bad location in the hotel in my opinion.
2 Thank luxuryhotelcritic
Todd Y, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Luxuryhotelcritic,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive feedback. I was delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that all of our staff have been taking such good care of you. I will share your kind comments with Carmine and Fiona as well as the entire staff as I know that they will be so pleased to hear that they have made a difference.
Look forward to your return,
Warm Regards,
Vancouver
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and baby daughter were treated to a weekend in Whistler by my company and had a wonderful time. Upon arriving the valet met us at the door, picked up our bags and told us exactly where we needed to go. At reception the check-in was easy, quick and informative and my daughter even received a little Owl stuffed toy which we were all very happy about.

The hotel looks stunning on the inside. Very cozy and warm with enough space to have a sit down while waiting for other parties to arrive.

Once in our room I was ecstatic at the size of the bath. It was huge. While not so long as to completely lie down flat, it was very deep so it felt as though your whole body was submerged underneath the bubbles. The entire bathroom was great and really made me feel relaxed every time I would shower/bath.

The room was functional but not overly luxurious. A decent sized (28''?) flat screen TV was available with a good selection of channels however the in-room movies were extremely expensive. $18+ tax and fee's seems a little on the high side for a movie.

The view from the balcony was lovely overlooking the pool and the mountains. Such a lovely way to wake up in the morning.

Regardless, the really special thing about this hotel was the staff. Never have I been made to feel more welcome than at this hotel. Everyone addressed me and my wife by our names, our daughter was well received (even though she's only 4 months old - there was a cot and baby products in our room before we arrived - completely free). Any time I needed assistance with recommendations for walks, cafes, restaurants, etc. the staff were all very honest in their approach to suggestions. They were perfect.

1 Thank hilld1985
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Enjoyed a quick one night stay at the Four Seasons Whistler. Stayed just before Ski Season so the room rate was quite reasonable. Classic lodge design with stellar service. Rooms are large and spacious with a balcony. Outdoor pool and hot tubs are excellent. Enjoyed them in the cool weather. Spa treatments were good.
Only downside it that it is located in the upper village - so it is about a 10 minute walk to the village.

All in all - a great spot! Would definitely come back.

Vancouver
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed 3 nights over the November long weekend. The Four Seasons is ranked as a five star hotel and it did not dissappoint. The staff is excellent which really stood out! They provided pleasant service but not pushy which made me feel welcome and comfortable. The hotel is very well kept and modern. We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the second floor and it was VERY spacious. The hotel has a nice spa area and heated outdoor swimming pool. It was neat swimming outside when it snowed!

The hotel is situated at the upper village so a bit far from the main village. However, this gave it a quiet feel versus the busy village area. Parking is valet only for $32 which is expensive. There is a free shuttle into the villiage which was very handy for evening outs. They will even pick up the customer to drive them back to the hotel.

Tough to beat the service at this hotel and will definetly venture back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Todd Y, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Monky,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your great experience. The staff will be delighted to hear that you appreciated their kind service. We are very grateful to have such wonderful people who love Whistler and all of our guests. Just wait until we get more snow and the hot tubs, lights and ice bar will be waiting for you. Look forward to your return soon.

Warm regards,