“Clean luxury condo-ski lift right outside your door”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of First Tracks Lodge

First Tracks Lodge
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Clean luxury condo-ski lift right outside your door”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. Master bedroom suite on opposite side of condo where second bedroom with adjoining bathroom was. Spacious kitchen area equipped with granite counter top and stainless steel GE Profile appliances. 3 TVs (!) in condo. Suite 524 was on the opposite side of THE mountain yet overlooked pool area and scenic mountains. Beautiful majestic view. Daily maid service was included. We rented a car from Vancouver airport which helped us get to and from Whistler Village for shopping and dining. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ThunderBay17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We are an Australian expat family living in China and have experienced many different skiing and other holidays. Everything about first tracks was perfect. True ski in ski out. Actual step out to lift and ski back to door. Rooms were excellent and large for a 2 bed, all applicances etc were top notch and the room had everything needed to cook at home. Real luxury.

Front desk and room cleaning were excellent.

Ski lockers were well big enough for a family of 4. We fitted 2 sets of skiis and 3 snowboards in. They are right at the entrance to the slopes.

Creekside had a good selection of restraurants. Local shop was great, ski hire 100m away.

Only downside is that if you want the vibrant village atmosphere it is a 10min bus of $15 taxi ride. Also if you have teenages wanting lesson these only start from the village and startand end at time that mean you cant ski there and back - need to drive which was a hassle. Adult and children lessons (to 12) are easy to get to from creekside.

We are normally on the fussy end so if we thought it was this good most would i think.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jonathan T
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I would highly recommend to stay in this place if you want luxury experience with less money. I always come back to this place everything I come to Whistler with my family or with guests. I really like the heated floor in the bathrooms and in the kitchen. You won't regret to choose this place.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Melody_vancouver2010
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My family stayed at the First Tracks Lodge in Whistler. This hotel was a new condo style with heated kitchen and bathroom floors, excellent layouts with a warm cozy feeling for appetizers and wine. Smoothies for the kids:) Just outside the lobby, was the Creekside chair lift with an amazing kids ski club. The amenities include a pool with 2 hot tubs nestled on the side of the mountain. This was just a couple minutes outside the main Whistler village and had Nesters grocery store, Restaurants, Starbucks, etc just at your doorstep without walking far. It felt like a quiet serenity on your own private mountainside. I have stayed in the main village as well which is beautiful, but this location felt more secluded and relaxing even though we had all amenities at our fingertips. Kym was our reservations associate and she made our trip very enjoyable and had everything ready for us without asking. This is our number 1 place to stay in Whistler. Visit the website at www.firsttrackslodge.com

Room Tip: For those of you who have younger children, a 1 bedroom and den is perfect. Stays within the budget...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa R
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I stayed at first track lodge for the first time in May 2011. I don't know how to describe how much of a wonderful service I received that theres no words to justify it. Whenever I needed something first track team was there to provide fast and kindful service. On top of that first track lodge has a five star facility in my point of view, such as hot tub, luxury big size rooms, gym and service. When I arrived home from my trip I noticed there was extra charge for vehicle parking on my visa statement. When I spoke with Kim from first track lodge regarding this situation, without any questions she reimbursed the extra charge but not just that she credited back the late stay in charges which I should have been charged for. When I asked Kim" why she is crediting back for the late in stay charges to the visa when I should be charged for it?" she responded back by saying" you gave our company so much business and we accidently charged u for a extra vehicle parking when u already paid cash for it, so this is our way of saying sorry for the mistake we have made and thank you for your business. I felt extremely welcomed and thankful after I spoke with Kim. I decided whenever I go to whistler I’m going to stay at first track lodge even if I have to pay a little more compared to other places. I realized without any doubt that I won’t get a total package deal such as loyalty, quality, service, respect, beautiful facility which first track lodge has provided to me. I already went back couple of times to first track lodge after my first trip. I feel like I’m just at home and theres no better place like first track lodge where their extremely generous and polite to their guest. The staffs, especially Kim is always helpful when I have questions during our conversations at first track lodge. If I could give bonus rankings to first track lodge I would without thinking give them 11 out of 10. I strongly suggest to everyone if they ever go to whistler please stay at first track lodge. You won’t be disappointed and you will get your monies worth. Afterwards you wouldn’t feel like staying anywhere else other than first track lodge like me. Thank you very much first track lodge. You definitely made my entire visit memorable. I greatly appreciate it

Room Tip: i stayed at one, two and three bedrooms>>> i recommands them all
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family