We are Shell owners and have stayed here twice. The first time in a 1 bedroom, this time in a loft suite. Here are some (hopefully) helpful tips if you book here during the summer:
1. If the sound of kids screaming, having fun, for long periods of time annoys you, ask for a room on the side of the mountainside pool. If you room overlooks the Executive hotels pool, you will hear kids in the pool all day and all night. They don't enforce the curfew.
2. Beware of the very thin walls. You can hear everything happening around you, especially in a loft.
3. If possible, book the 1 bedroom, even if there's just 2 of you. So much nicer.
4. The bedding here is like paper mache, everytime you move, you wake up. Or, just drink lots of wine before going to bed and it won't matter :-)
5. If you have a loft, bring a sleep mask. There is a skylight in the bedroom loft and it never gets really dark because of street lights. And when it starts getting light outside, the entire unit lights up. But, beware, when you try and put your sleep mask on I'm the am, the paper mache sheets will wake you up.
6. If given room 311, ask to move pronto! The window has some sort of problem and creaks ALL THE TIME. It can't be fixed, it will just drive you nuts. Also, the ceiling fan in bedroom makes more noise than a train. Earplugs may work.
Now the good.....LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Steller location. Staff is amazing and the full kitchens rock. Fireplace, jacuzzi tub, sauna, flat screen TVs. Parking. Restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mountainside Lodge, you’ll find all the comfort, service and amenities you desire when you’re ready to balance your sense of adventure with something for your other senses. Mountainside Lodge is surrounded by spectacular mountain views, yet close to the delightful ambiance of Whistler Village. You just won’t find a better base for your adventure all suites have mountain views, attractive tile and rich carpeted floors, gas log fireplace and wooden blinds. The bathrooms have a jetted tub and bath amenities including a hairdryer and cozy bathrobes. The fully equipped kitchen with dining area, has a dishwasher, full size stove & fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. You’re never far from a stylish hideaway, a gourmet meal or a rejuvenating massage when you make Mountainside Lodge your base for adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mountainside Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountainside Hotel Whistler
- Mountainside Lodge Whistler