All reviewsloft suitefull kitchengreat locationdry saunajacuzzi tubown mealslight sleepersofa bedflat screendvd playerbike parkcan't beat the locationrestaurants and shopsbit datedunderground parkingcentral locationoutdoor pool
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to travel to Whistler. My friend and I stayed there during crankworx in August of 2013. Was everything I expected. This is the second time I have stayed for that reason alone. Full kitchen is great if you wanna have a cozy breakfast inside. When i say full kitchen i mean full. There was everything we needed (besides food) to make ribs we bought on our way in. Nothing like good homemade food when your travelling! Parking was great, value is great, and staff is great. I thought checkout time was 1:00, since that is when parking expires. When I woke up at 10:50 and realized it was at 11:00, I ran down to the lobby and told the attendant, who was more than happy to tell me to take my time, which allowed us to throw something together for breakfast before we left.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is the second time that we stayed here and we can truly recommend the Mountainside Lodge. We had a Loft Suite which had all the amenities needed. It can easily sleep six people and the two bathrooms are a blessing.

The kitchenette is well equipped and preparing meals are easy.

The Lodge is situated in the heart of the village and within walking distance of most of the attractions in Whistler. We never used our car during our stay.

Whistler is awesome in summer as well as in winter. We hope our next stay will be in winter.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cathyfred
Reviewed August 19, 2013

First time stay at this hotel. We stayed right across the street from this place last year at the Pan Pacific, and this was every bit as nice. The room was on the 4th floor with very nice view of the pool area as well as the mountainside... the room was two floors (Loft Suite) with a Sofa bed and Trundel on the bottom floor with full bath (with jet tub! which is perfect for me as I need a bath every morning for back pain) and kitchen, and a full queen bed and sauna w/ full bathroom in the loft and the Pan was only a queen Murphy bed and one bath, with the room located on the 2nd floor with no view (other than the flags flown out front and the tar and gravel roof) but both were the same price. We will likely return in the future sometime, and staying here again is a no brainer!

I'm not knocking the Pan, it was awesome as well, just this one was SO much larger, and had a jet tub and sauna, as well as being able to sleep more people.

My only negative comment (and I had to struggle to come up with something) would be the sofa bed mattress. It sagged to the middle and was a little too thin... but that's typical of a sofa bed, and no one should expect more out of one of these... however, it was still better than my home mattress (which really sux!) Other than that, it was awesome!

The staff were all friendly and very helpful ! (can only remember one name: Kayla, she was great ... sorry for not remembering the others)

Pool was nice and warm which was great, cuz it was windy and rainy almost the whole time we were there.

As with other comments I'd read before booking, make sure you know which hotel you're booking with... when we arrived there was someone who was complaining that they thought they booked the mountainside but actually they booked the Executive. I knew this going into booking, and made sure which place I was booking into...

Didn't eat at the hotel, although I'd heard prior it was excellent.

GE

Room Tip: We stayed in room 412 Loft Suite .... but I think any room overlooking the pool would be great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gavan E
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked the Mountainside Lodge through Expedia.ca for a Saturday night in July. I made a mistake in our booked arrival date and showed up one night early. The hotel was full, but we were able to stay at another hotel in the village for the night and asked for a refund or partial refund since we had to travel the next day (Saturday). We provided a day's notice regarding the change and the hotel, and the village were quite busy. Checking the next day the hotel was full but a refund had been denied with the manager citing their policy of more than 3 days notice necessary. I take from this that they choose to rent the room out receiving, I think unfairly, the extra rent or were not inclined to offer to sell the room and refund any difference in costs.

I am disappointed since we had had in the past many winter and summer family vacation nights spent at this hotel. The other hotels in the village that night and during our trip were quite accommodating. I would be reluctant to book again with the policy they currently have. This was the only disappointment during our great vacation to BC, visiting many of the places we used to hike, ski and travel during our years of living and visiting the west with our children.

Room Tip: My tip would be to ensure if the cancellation policy is needed a schedule change can easily happen.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Shell W, Shell Social Media Team at Mountainside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hi Mike and Anne,

We are so sorry to hear about the refund issue you encountered. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will do our best to prevent any similar experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide this information.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night and really enjoyed it.

The location of this hotel is excellent. You are literally 50 metres from the main walkway right through the Lower Village of Whistler which has tonnes of restaurants, stores, pubs, night-clubs and many excursion companies. The Upper Village is a short walk away so if you are debating between staying at one or the other, it likely doesn't matter as you can access both easily. Choosing where to stay in town will depend on your intended activities though. (The chair lifts are a short walk away too.)

We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant as we wanted to go out for dinner and see the town. The menu looked good and a tad on the expensive side.

The room was great. We stayed in 310. This has a pool view and had a bit more than a "peek-a-boo" view of the slopes. The wall-bed was comfortable. The kitchen is all you need if you want to stay in for your meals and/or have some extra drinks/snacks on hand. It contains all the dishes, cutlery, etc that you will need as well as stove and microwave. Everything was clean and in good shape. If you are considering a longer stay, this would be a good place to do it.

The service was good. Staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't consider room service so cannot comment on that.

Other:
-Parking is provided by a "third party" and costs $18/night underground. We were told that we have to vacate the underground parking lot by 1pm or we may get a ticket which the hotel has no control over. There is parking in large outdoor lots too. Lot 4 and 5 which is a fairly short distance away is free and if you drop your bags off first will not be a huge trek. Do not expect these lots to be available as they can get full easily. Lots 1-3 are pay parking and closer to the hotel.
-Lockers are provided in the hotel for sporting gear
-Check-out is 11AM but we easily had it changed to 12PM. We asked for later but they had already "reached thier daily quota for later check-outs". This mean that if you want a later check-out you should likely ask for one as soon as you book the room or arrive for check-in.

WE ENJOY HELPING FELLOW TRAVELLERS. IF YOU FIND THIS REVIEW HELPFUL, PLEASE GIVE US A HELPFUL VOTE.

ps- I have been to 10 different mountain resort villages in Western North America in both summer and winter and I enjoy Whistler the most, for both seasons.

Cheers,