Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$351
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$201
$181
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$191
  • Pool
Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$225
$288
$252
  • Pool
Crystal Lodge Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$149
$144
  • Pool
Nita Lake Lodge(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$197
Nita Lake Lodge
  • Pool
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler(Whistler)(Great Value!)
$198
$261
$198
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsloft suitefull kitchengreat locationdry saunajacuzzi tubown mealssofa bedflat screendvd playercan't beat the locationrestaurants and shopsbit datedcentral locationoutdoor poolunderground parkinggrocery storeski storage
Reviewed August 19, 2013

First time stay at this hotel. We stayed right across the street from this place last year at the Pan Pacific, and this was every bit as nice. The room was on the 4th floor with very nice view of the pool area as well as the mountainside... the room was two floors (Loft Suite) with a Sofa bed and Trundel on the bottom floor with full bath (with jet tub! which is perfect for me as I need a bath every morning for back pain) and kitchen, and a full queen bed and sauna w/ full bathroom in the loft and the Pan was only a queen Murphy bed and one bath, with the room located on the 2nd floor with no view (other than the flags flown out front and the tar and gravel roof) but both were the same price. We will likely return in the future sometime, and staying here again is a no brainer!

I'm not knocking the Pan, it was awesome as well, just this one was SO much larger, and had a jet tub and sauna, as well as being able to sleep more people.

My only negative comment (and I had to struggle to come up with something) would be the sofa bed mattress. It sagged to the middle and was a little too thin... but that's typical of a sofa bed, and no one should expect more out of one of these... however, it was still better than my home mattress (which really sux!) Other than that, it was awesome!

The staff were all friendly and very helpful ! (can only remember one name: Kayla, she was great ... sorry for not remembering the others)

Pool was nice and warm which was great, cuz it was windy and rainy almost the whole time we were there.

As with other comments I'd read before booking, make sure you know which hotel you're booking with... when we arrived there was someone who was complaining that they thought they booked the mountainside but actually they booked the Executive. I knew this going into booking, and made sure which place I was booking into...

Didn't eat at the hotel, although I'd heard prior it was excellent.

GE

Room Tip: We stayed in room 412 Loft Suite .... but I think any room overlooking the pool would be great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gavan E
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked the Mountainside Lodge through Expedia.ca for a Saturday night in July. I made a mistake in our booked arrival date and showed up one night early. The hotel was full, but we were able to stay at another hotel in the village for the night and asked for a refund or partial refund since we had to travel the next day (Saturday). We provided a day's notice regarding the change and the hotel, and the village were quite busy. Checking the next day the hotel was full but a refund had been denied with the manager citing their policy of more than 3 days notice necessary. I take from this that they choose to rent the room out receiving, I think unfairly, the extra rent or were not inclined to offer to sell the room and refund any difference in costs.

I am disappointed since we had had in the past many winter and summer family vacation nights spent at this hotel. The other hotels in the village that night and during our trip were quite accommodating. I would be reluctant to book again with the policy they currently have. This was the only disappointment during our great vacation to BC, visiting many of the places we used to hike, ski and travel during our years of living and visiting the west with our children.

Room Tip: My tip would be to ensure if the cancellation policy is needed a schedule change can easily happen.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Shell W, Shell Social Media Team at Mountainside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hi Mike and Anne,

We are so sorry to hear about the refund issue you encountered. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will do our best to prevent any similar experiences in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide this information.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night and really enjoyed it.

The location of this hotel is excellent. You are literally 50 metres from the main walkway right through the Lower Village of Whistler which has tonnes of restaurants, stores, pubs, night-clubs and many excursion companies. The Upper Village is a short walk away so if you are debating between staying at one or the other, it likely doesn't matter as you can access both easily. Choosing where to stay in town will depend on your intended activities though. (The chair lifts are a short walk away too.)

We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant as we wanted to go out for dinner and see the town. The menu looked good and a tad on the expensive side.

The room was great. We stayed in 310. This has a pool view and had a bit more than a "peek-a-boo" view of the slopes. The wall-bed was comfortable. The kitchen is all you need if you want to stay in for your meals and/or have some extra drinks/snacks on hand. It contains all the dishes, cutlery, etc that you will need as well as stove and microwave. Everything was clean and in good shape. If you are considering a longer stay, this would be a good place to do it.

The service was good. Staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't consider room service so cannot comment on that.

Other:
-Parking is provided by a "third party" and costs $18/night underground. We were told that we have to vacate the underground parking lot by 1pm or we may get a ticket which the hotel has no control over. There is parking in large outdoor lots too. Lot 4 and 5 which is a fairly short distance away is free and if you drop your bags off first will not be a huge trek. Do not expect these lots to be available as they can get full easily. Lots 1-3 are pay parking and closer to the hotel.
-Lockers are provided in the hotel for sporting gear
-Check-out is 11AM but we easily had it changed to 12PM. We asked for later but they had already "reached thier daily quota for later check-outs". This mean that if you want a later check-out you should likely ask for one as soon as you book the room or arrive for check-in.

WE ENJOY HELPING FELLOW TRAVELLERS. IF YOU FIND THIS REVIEW HELPFUL, PLEASE GIVE US A HELPFUL VOTE.

ps- I have been to 10 different mountain resort villages in Western North America in both summer and winter and I enjoy Whistler the most, for both seasons.

Cheers,
Spencer and Holli

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
6  Thank SpenceAndHolli
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I consistently come back to Mountainside. The staff are all wonderful, and they even remember us from 2 years back. We would recommend staying in the loft suite, it has your own personal sauna! Where else can you find that in Whistler? Perfect location near everything. Pool area is so relaxing. Pillows are fluffy. Rooms are always clean. Mountainside has never disappointed us.

Room Tip: Choose a loft suite! Best value
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ehl4
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We arrived at 3 AM and the front desk staff was extremely helpful in getting us settled in. Our suite was a delight. The bed was very comfortable---I suffer from many medical problems: disk disease in my neck and back; chronic pain, arthritis, and other medical issues. I was able to sleep well and relaxed.

The Jacuzzi Tub in our room was the best by far. It had room for the two of us and was easy to use. We appreciate the staff allowing us to sleep in and still be able to make our bed and stock our towels.

We will be back and let others know how wonderful this specific resort is. We were located close to many village attractions and it was easy walking to shop, eat, and enjoy Whistler. We want to thank all the staff and management for making this a vacation of a lifetime. Great service deserves to be recognized.

Staff were courteous, professional, and friendly. No matter what time of day it was, they made us feel welcome and appreciated. The restaurant served generous portions of 5 star quality meals. The prices were very reasonable.

We stayed 15 days and we can honestly say each day got better and better. The village is set up disability friendly. The hotel had easy access to the village and its sights. It was the perfect way to view the wonderful beauty of Canada. We will be back and we want to thank everyone who assisted us during our stay. M & A Hansen

Room Tip: Any room should be good. The easy way to the village for those with disabilities is to go through the lower level garage and exit on the street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple