“Great Hotel. Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Mountainside Lodge
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Great Hotel. Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently stayed at the Mountainside Lodge in Whistler and could not have had a better time. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was spacious and well equipped. The location provided a 2 minute walk to the gondola and many restaurants and bars. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chad S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I travel to Whistler on business often and the Mountainside Lodge in Whistler is in the perfect location. You are walking distance to most everything, restaurants, shopping, ski lifts, liquor store and activities. The rooms have everthing you require, full kitchen, gas fireplace and most rooms have jacuzzi tubs. They also have great staff to make your stay comfortable. Book it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just recently got back from a weekend stay with my boyfriend. Stayed in a loft suite which had a nice living and dining area with a sauna and bed upstairs. The bed was very comfortable to stay in and the room overall was very cozy. Only complaint was that during the night one of the heaters was making some noise so we opted to turn them off before we went to bed. Great location to the village but nice that we didn't hear any loud noise the village can sometimes give off at night. Great value compared to what other hotels were charging, will be returning!

Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I just recently came home from a trip to whistler. We splurged on a hotel for the week and decided to stay an extra night. We were going to stay at the same hotel but thought we would try something easier on the pocketbook and to see if there was a diiference so we booked a night in the suite at the mountainside for one night. We booked it on expedia, and we booked at the mountainside. but when we got there they had no record fof our reservation. So told me I had to call the mountainside excutive which is the same company but it was down the street. First I believe for good customer service he should have made thecall, but regardless I did. So then The lady on the phone at the excutive told me that yes she had my reservation. I was confused as I thought I booked at the mountianed side not excutivve. She told me that yes we were staying there but we had to come check in at the excutive. So we had to get in our vechile drvie down a block check in there and then go right back to where we were in the first place. Terrible service. If they are going to do that then they need a excutive desk in monutainside or have dual access at the front desk It was very incovenent and we had no clue .

Once we got to the room I intially thought it was cute as we walked in there was a little kitchen living room and fireplace with the bedroom in the loft. But there was a smell from the moment we walked in until when we left. I know they were reno'ed a while back but there was an old musty smell It grossed me out so much we couldn't even use the kitchenette as I didn't want to eat in the room.

When we went to bed it was comfy but during the night there was such a loud buzzing sound from one of the appliances I couldn't get back to sleep and then when I finally did I was woken up from the traffic on the street as our room faced the street and from the sunlight coming in from the skylight.

All in all we were very dispointed with this room and even though it was so close to the lifts and it had a sauna in the room that we enjoyed I would not be staying here agian and won't recommend it to anyone esle either.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the street...
1 Thank carecutch
mslwhistler, General Manager at Mountainside Lodge, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay in Whistler. We have forwarded the information onto the appropriate people at the Mountain Side Hotel Whistler by Executive management team for follow up.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our group of 3 stayed at Mountainside Lodge in December. We were assigned a loft suite complete with indoor sauna upstairs, a kitchen, and a fireplace. The room was very cozy and well laid out, and was a pleasure to return to after a long day of skiing. The queen bed upstairs was very comfortable and made for a wonderful night's rest before returning to the slopes again. This was a great value considering what other hotels were charging over the holidays and we would definitely return here again. Minor issues included long wait times for the elevator and not being able to check in at the front desk (one has to check in at the Executive Inn first and then move over), but overall, a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in the middle of ski season. In the middle of the village and close to the lifts/gondola. We stayed in a studio which was pretty good value for money (although when I checked online a week before check in the cost was $30 cheaper per night....front desk staff wouldn't upgrade us despite us paying the higher tariff which was a little disappointing). The kitchen had a stove/oven, microwave, fridge, dishwasher and was handy to self cater as breakfast was not included and you can save money by making lunch/dinner. There is a supermarket in the village which is more expensive than downtown but not too bad. I would stay here again as for the price and what you get I think it's good value.