We stayed in a studio with kitchenette and the Mountainside Lodge for a 5 day summer vacation. Booking this hotel was the best plan for our trip because food in the village can be expensive... Unless you prepare it yourself!
Located at the end of the village, this hotel is easy to find. Parking is expensive, but it's expensive everywhere is Whistler. We were on the third floor of the building, which was convenient because the elevator is very slow and it is much quicker to take the stairs if possible. The walk to the in village grocery store was 2 minutes, but prices there can be fairly expensive. Better to walk to the end of the village to the larger grocery store, or you can drive as well. The gondola was also two minutes away - try and find the back path between some other hotels, it works better than going all the way around.
The room itself was very spacious for a hotel room. The Murphy bed was surprisingly comfortable for a bed that folds down from the wall. The bed was handy, you just fold it up and you're in the living room again! The kitchenette had everything we needed including cutlery, bottle openers, pots, pans and cleaning items. There is also ensuite laundry which was very convenient.
Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay Whistler in the off season, the room rats were very reasonable. However, I have not stayed nor looked at for winter so I do not know the value then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mountainside Lodge, you’ll find all the comfort, service and amenities you desire when you’re ready to balance your sense of adventure with something for your other senses. Mountainside Lodge is surrounded by spectacular mountain views, yet close to the delightful ambiance of Whistler Village. You just won’t find a better base for your adventure all suites have mountain views, attractive tile and rich carpeted floors, gas log fireplace and wooden blinds. The bathrooms have a jetted tub and bath amenities including a hairdryer and cozy bathrobes. The fully equipped kitchen with dining area, has a dishwasher, full size stove & fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. You’re never far from a stylish hideaway, a gourmet meal or a rejuvenating massage when you make Mountainside Lodge your base for adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mountainside Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountainside Hotel Whistler
- Mountainside Lodge Whistler