My husband and I received a gift of a week-long timeshare stay at the Mountainside Lodge in July. It was our first visit to Whistler. Our friends had been to Whistler, but always in the winter with snow. So, we were not really sure what to expect in the summer. Our introduction to the Lodge was wonderful. As soon as the van dropped us off in front of the Lodge, two of the staff members helped us carry our luggage up the stairs to the lobby. We later discovered there was an elevator in the parking garage, but we were impressed with how helpful and attentive they were. We were checked in without any trouble, and the friendly lady at the front desk even showed us a coupon at the back of the weekly newspaper that would give us a discount on groceries from the IGA Supermarket. It was a smooth check-in. We had a one-bedroom place on the corner. We overlooked the pool. To the left, we had a view of the beautiful mountain and to the right, we could watch the bicyclists going down the hill. There was a full-kitchen, including a dishwasher. We had two televisions and a DVD player. We went to the Whistler Public Library and borrowed DVDs from their collection to watch in the room. The location of the Mountainside Lodge is terrific. It's steps away from places to eat, the Whistler Cinema, and so close to the gondola that'll take you to the "Peak to Peak." And, it's also close to the Upper Village. I liked that it was far enough away from the slightly more crowded (but never packed) Lower Village, but so close and convenient that you could walk just a few minutes and be right there, amidst the shops and restaurants. They also had free wi-fi, a great plus. And, the breakfast nook in the kitchen was very useful. We also had a room with a hot tub, so that was nice. The room was cleaned well, and, in fact, when we checked in, they asked us what time we preferred our room to be cleaned every day. We were staying as timeshare guests, but we were never ever pressured or even approached to attend a sales talk. We had a fantastic time in Whistler and enjoyed the beauty of the area. Summer turned out to be a great time to visit, and we're looking forward to our next stay. I'd definitely recommend the Mountainside Lodge. We strolled through other hotels while in Whistler, and some of them were quite nice, but, price wise and location wise, I think the Mountainside Lodge is an excellent deal and good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mountainside Lodge, you’ll find all the comfort, service and amenities you desire when you’re ready to balance your sense of adventure with something for your other senses. Mountainside Lodge is surrounded by spectacular mountain views, yet close to the delightful ambiance of Whistler Village. You just won’t find a better base for your adventure all suites have mountain views, attractive tile and rich carpeted floors, gas log fireplace and wooden blinds. The bathrooms have a jetted tub and bath amenities including a hairdryer and cozy bathrobes. The fully equipped kitchen with dining area, has a dishwasher, full size stove & fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. You’re never far from a stylish hideaway, a gourmet meal or a rejuvenating massage when you make Mountainside Lodge your base for adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mountainside Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountainside Hotel Whistler
- Mountainside Lodge Whistler