“Worth Every Penny”

Whistler Sliding Centre
Ranked #2 of 100 things to do in Whistler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The non-profit Whistler Sliding Centre is home to the fastest ice track in the world. Since hosting the bobsleigh, skeleton and luge competitions of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, the venue continues to grow sport as an active training and competition site. Visitors can experience the action first-hand with passenger bobsleigh (winter and summer) and skeleton rides (winter only) down parts of the 1,450 meter-long ice track. All proceeds from public programs go directly towards sport, and make training affordable for the athletes. Public Bobsleigh and Skeleton programs on ice will resume December 16, 2017 until April 1, 2018. Summer Bobsleigh on wheels will run again from late June until September 2018. Year-round, visitors can access the Whistler Sliding Centre's public areas for Sightseeing daily from 9am until 5pm (except public holidays). Don't miss the free interpretive walk and learn about the venue and the sports! Site access is not permitted outside these hours.
Reviewed August 29, 2014

What a unique experience. Can't wait to go back in the winter and try it on the ice.
The staff are friendly, outgoing and passionate about their sport. I enjoy watching the sliding sports during the Olympics, and now I have a much better appreciation for what these athletes do on a daily basis.
I really like that this is a non-profit, so the money I paid goes into supporting this crazy fun sport.

Word of advice, heed their warnings about previous neck/back injury...This is really rough on the neck, and I can see it re-injuring anyone with issues.

1  Thank Andrea J
"olympic athletes"
in 7 reviews
"actual ride"

Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

There's not many places in the world for the public to try something like this. It was an unforgetable experience. I rode with Jason and Liz. They were awesome! Gave me the fastest ride of the day.

1  Thank Heautou E
Reviewed August 27, 2014

This was a bucket list item for my husband to ride in a bobsled on an Olympic track (the fastest bobsled track to date). It was most interesting to learn about the sport too. We were traveling at 60 miles per hour with 2 G Force. I can't imagine how it would be for an Olympian at higher speeds and 5 G Force. The staff at the Sliding Centre were some of the most customer service oriented I have ever seen. They go out of their way to make this the best experience ever. Thank you!

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in Whistler on our honeymoon and upon hearing you could still visit and participate at the sliding track during summer season made it the top of our to-do list while in town. Snowy and co. did an amazing job both on and off the track to create an unforgettable experience in total. Worth the visit whether on ice or wheels.

1  Thank neelsonwheels