“Worth doing once”

Whistler Sliding Centre
Ranked #3 of 102 things to do in Whistler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Whistler Sliding Centre is home to the fastest ice track in the world. Since hosting the bobsleigh, skeleton and luge competitions during the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, the Whistler Sliding Centre continues to challenge the sports’ most elite athletes with international competitions, recruiting camps, and ongoing youth programs. Visitors are invited to tour the state-of-the-art facility, or experience the action first-hand with passenger bobsleigh (winter and summer) and skeleton rides (winter only) down part of the 1,450 meter-long ice track. Public Bobsleigh and Skeleton programs on ice will resume in December 2017. Athlete training and competitions on ice will start again in October 2017. Summer Bobsleigh on wheels will run again from late June until September 2018. Year-round, visitors can access the Whistler Sliding Centre's public areas for Sightseeing daily from 9am until 5pm (except public holidays). Site access is not permitted outside these hours.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

what a thrill. we did the 4 man bobsleigh and loved it but it is pretty expensive. Not for the faint hearted but at the same time a lovely thing to say you did once

WSL2010, Guest Services at Whistler Sliding Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hi jetsetterhead,

Thanks for coming to slide with us and leaving a review about your experience. We love hearing that guests have enjoyed their rides. As a non for profit organization the money for the experience is put straight back into keeping the track open for people like yourself and athletes. We appreciate you coming to slide with us and putting money towards a great cause!

There are newer reviews for Whistler Sliding Centre

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I booked this experience 10 days in advance and totally worth the cost, hard to define in words but if one is looking for the closest thing to an Olympian Experience, well dont' wait, GO FOR THE GOLD NOW:)

I booked this not totally knowing what i was getting in to but the staff at WSC answered all of my emails in a very timely manner and despite how basic my question was they answered totally to my satisfaction, thus i was ready for the experience. I totally knew what i was getting into which was:

DOING TWO RUNS on the SKELETON one in which my speed hit 98.9 KM/H and yes i was nervous but their safety briefing took care of my nerves...then did ONE run on the Bobsleigh which hit 124.2 KM/H and this run was at night and wow....totally cool

Will i do this again, YES. will i wear less clothing YES, it is all about the "need for speed" and again cannot ask for a more professional and down to earth staff, they made me feel like an OLYMPIAN!

1  Thank Doberman2014

Hi Doberman2014,

It's great to hear you had a fantastic time here, and managed to do both our public experiences. We have a great team of staff here, we love what we do and sharing it with people like yourself!

We hope you come back to slide with us again and bring your lycra speed suit!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I did the bobsled on Feb 28th with my sister and husband. Best ever experience. They weigh you, give you helmets and go through an orientation. I was much relieved that the helmets smelled clean. You could tell they'd been thoroughly sanitized. I've had my fair share of stinky helmets at other excursions so had been worried about this. We got the 'Cool Runnings' trainer who barrelled us down the track at 125.6 km/hr. It was such a rush. There have been comments about it being expensive. It's true but a large part of the fees go towards maintaining the bobsled track and for training of the athletes. I feel that's a worthwhile cause and would definitely do it again.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We decided to be thrill seekers and try Bobsleigh. One of the drivers is the original Jamaican bobsleigh driver (the John Candy in Cool runnings). I would even recommend you watch the movie before you try it, make the experience even more exciting!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We wanted to see a little of the Olympics' leftovers and thus the sliding sliding centre offered some history and a thrill.
The best advice is to act like a sack of potatoes on the sled. Doing that very thing allowed me to reach almost 95km/h. The G Force is crazy! But great for bragging rights.