“Like a Roller Coaster”

Whistler Sliding Centre
Ranked #3 of 102 things to do in Whistler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The non-profit Whistler Sliding Centre is home to the fastest ice track in the world. Since hosting the bobsleigh, skeleton and luge competitions of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, the venue continues to grow sport as an active training and competition site. Visitors can experience the action first-hand with passenger bobsleigh (winter and summer) and skeleton rides (winter only) down parts of the 1,450 meter-long ice track. All proceeds from public programs go directly towards sport, and make training affordable for the athletes. Public Bobsleigh and Skeleton programs on ice will resume December 16, 2017 until April 1, 2018. Summer Bobsleigh on wheels will run again from late June until September 2018. Year-round, visitors can access the Whistler Sliding Centre's public areas for Sightseeing daily from 9am until 5pm (except public holidays). Don't miss the free interpretive walk and learn about the venue and the sports! Site access is not permitted outside these hours.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I did the bobsled on Feb 28th with my sister and husband. Best ever experience. They weigh you, give you helmets and go through an orientation. I was much relieved that the helmets smelled clean. You could tell they'd been thoroughly sanitized. I've had my fair share of stinky helmets at other excursions so had been worried about this. We got the 'Cool Runnings' trainer who barrelled us down the track at 125.6 km/hr. It was such a rush. There have been comments about it being expensive. It's true but a large part of the fees go towards maintaining the bobsled track and for training of the athletes. I feel that's a worthwhile cause and would definitely do it again.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We decided to be thrill seekers and try Bobsleigh. One of the drivers is the original Jamaican bobsleigh driver (the John Candy in Cool runnings). I would even recommend you watch the movie before you try it, make the experience even more exciting!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We wanted to see a little of the Olympics' leftovers and thus the sliding sliding centre offered some history and a thrill.
The best advice is to act like a sack of potatoes on the sled. Doing that very thing allowed me to reach almost 95km/h. The G Force is crazy! But great for bragging rights.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

After the safety briefing and helmet fitting we watched other people in the group come down the track until it was our turn. The staff drop you at the women's luge start point where we boarded our bobsleigh. Our driver, Matt was the last to get in. Then 40 seconds later after going 127km per hour and pulling 4G it was over. This is adrenaline like nothing else. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Although I was only a spectator at the centre, it was still a great experience. My wife tried the skeleton and found it thrilling. The staff at the centre were great. Well worth a try if you fancy a bit of speed.