WINNER WONDERLAND

Whistler Sliding Centre
Ranked #3 of 97 things to do in Whistler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Whistler Sliding Centre is home to the fastest ice track in the world. Since hosting the bobsleigh, skeleton and luge competitions during the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, the Whistler Sliding Centre continues to challenge the sports’ most elite athletes with international competitions, recruiting camps, and ongoing youth programs. Visitors are invited to tour the state-of-the-art facility, or experience the action first-hand with passenger bobsleigh (winter and summer) and skeleton rides (winter only) down part of the 1,450 meter-long ice track. Summer Bobsleigh runs daily from July 1 until September 4, 2016! Throughout the summer season, Daily Tours are offered at 11:00am. Athlete training on ice will start again in October 2016, public Bobsleigh and Skeleton programs will resume in December 2016. Year-round, visitors can access the Whistler Sliding Centre's public areas for Sightseeing daily from 9am until 5pm. Site access is not permitted outside these hours.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“So exciting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Yes, the bobsleigh experience may be a little expensive but it is 43 seconds of pure excitement! How often can you say that you've been down the Olympic Bobsleigh track? Highly recommended!

1 Thank JQ_Active

Arlington, VA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“So much fun! But expensive for 1 minute”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I did the bobsledding at Whistler Sliding Center. I was super excited about doing it and it didn't disappoint. We met at 6:45 and they checked us in and did an overview which took about 30 minutes but then they took people out in groups and I was the absolute last group so we waited for over an hour. It was a little annoying having to wait so long but they played the Cool Runnings movie which I appreciated, but it was still a long wait. The actual bobsledding was a lot of fun and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it was over so soon! You pay a lot of money for it and it only lasts about 1 minute. I wish for the price you pay, you could get to go again. We also bought the video which was also pricey. I think for the price you pay for the 1 minute, they could throw the video in for free, but I do understand that to keep the Centre open they do need to make money so I was fine supporting it.
An experience definitely worth checking out.

1 Thank kelleyeg
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A MUST!!! What a thrill!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

By far the best non-skiing thing I have done in Whistler!!

We recently did the Bobsleigh experience and although the ride was only 40 seconds, it was worth it in my opinion.

After reaching speeds of 126.9kph we got out the sled with adrenaline pumping and a massive smile on our faces!!

Be aware you do pull about 3g in the corners which really pushes you down in the sled. If you have any neck or back problems seek advice before taking part.

Video's of the experience, that you download off a website, are available after from Coast Mountain Photography for $45 inc. tax. It's up to you if you think this is expensive but I thought this was fairly reasonable, I have paid that for a single photo from some experiences.

2 Thank Ryan W
Markham, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Whistler Sliding Centre Bobsled”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I visited Whistler Sliding Centre and saw visitors go on the bobsleds, $180.00 per slide 58 minutes. It was very impressive.

1 Thank Buttonvillesnowbird
Whistler, Canada
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Best thing I've done in Whistler!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was lucky enough to have the chance to do Skeleton last year during their Slide for Hunger campaign.

DO IT!

I believe it's usually about $160ish and you get 2 runs. Keep your head and shoulders down and you're sweet! It's fast and it's a rush! Reaching speeds of over 100km/hr. Something different not everyone has done and it's a world class track. My husband has also done the bobsled and he loved it.

Visited December 2012