“Great hotel in the snow”

Sundial Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Fantastic apartment hotel right next to the main ski lifts and close to the village amenities

Room Tip: One facing the slopes
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel is in the heart of the village and is next to the lift. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. Room is nice and has a good view of the village. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Trip was for our wedding anniversary. Our daughter, who stayed there before, booked it for us. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist, and directed to our room where a bottle of champagne and chocs awaited our arrival. The rooms were spacious, very clean and well equipped. We overlooked the mountains, a little noisy for those who want peace and quiet, but we loved it. From our small balcony it was great place to people and bear watch !!!! We will definitely go back there, and will recommend it to all our friends.

Room Tip: Chose a mountain view if you don't mind a little bit of noise!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband I had stayed here for my birthday this past June, and we could not have been any more pleased!!!! From the beginning the staff was more than helpful, going waaayyyy above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our visit.

I called to book a room, and successfully booked the last mountain facing personal hot tub room on the 3rd floor (NOTE: There are "PRIVATE" hot tub rooms available on the 8th floor, but you have to lean over the wall to see the mountain. Only the 3rd floor ones allow you to look at the mountain from your hot tub). Upon arrival, we were greeted by Liz (probably the most honest, enthusiastic, and genuine hotel staff member I have ever encountered, although I'd like we've NEVER had a rude staff member in Whistler in the past several years). When I told Liz we had hoped to get a specific room, she remembered another guest had moved out of that room, and offered it to us. Graciously we accepted, and quickly hurried up to the room to inspect our prize!! I could not be any more impressed. A personal hot tub that gave us a view of the mountain, was right above a bar (MEGA PLUS!!), and was nicely appointed with a kitchenette, and everything you could need in it!!!

This is one of the FEW hotels you'll find in Whistler that has king sized beds. If you're from the states, you'll understand how important that is. I'd even dare to say this is the only hotel that has a front-and-center view of the mountain, and a king bed, and a kitchenette, and a personal hot tub, and heated floors, and bike storage, and grocery delivery service (which we didn't use, but could see how it would be valuable!), AND one of the best staff members. The only down side I can see is that they don't allow pets (the Crystal Lodge does, and is across the path with no mountain views, but nice rooms over the main street walkway).

They do have a roof top pool, a self-service laundry, a secured parking garage underneath, and their rates are competitive with Pan Pacific, The Crystal Lodge, and other hotels in the area. You'd be silly to not stay here!!!

Liz was even so wonderful that she booked us the same room for September, but sadly, our second trip up this year had a limited budget, and we are forced to stay at a private condo that had some pretty killer rates. If we could have stayed at the Sundial, we would have, but it would have meant the hotel dropping their rates to the same price, and I consider it rude to haggle for that low of a rate.

I do want to address the review for the loud hotel room. Likely this was the room we stayed in, and yes it's right above a bar, but honestly, what would you expect?? Bars have music, and if you just close the windows, you don't hear a thing. Maybe bring some earplugs instead? Any traveler should note that they should call the front desk if you are concerned about noise. Weekends get pretty crazy with young kids walking in the streets, drinking, and being loud. You might hear music from the bar if you are at the front of the hotel. But you must decide.... Do you want an epic view from a totally awesome room (bike riders, you'll want this view of the park, trust me!!) , or do you want something on the backside that has a great view, and is more quiet?? I have a hard time believing that anyone will have a bad experience here, but call ahead if you are worried. The staff is more than willing to help you settle into just the right spot.

Overall, we'll be staying here again next year, and hopefully budget a bit better so we can stay for both our BC bike trips to Whistler.

Room Tip: Call-the-front-desk.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Our family of four loved our time at the Sundial. The staff went out of their way to assist with everything. I even saw one of the staff helping someone with their luggage when it was very obvious that his shift was done for the day. That is service that I have not seen anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Booked a junior executive mountain view through Whistler.com, and then called and asked about the free balcony upgrade. We ended up with a beautiful view of Whistler mountain. The hotel is very centrally located in Whistler village. Once we parked in the underground garage, there was no reason for us to drive the entire time we were in Whistler. The inclusion of free Internet is also a nice perk, in comparison to some of the other B.C. hotels we stayed at during our B.C. vacation.

The front desk staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, especially Daniel and Liz. I can't recall the last time I've had a better hotel experience.

The only downsides I can think of:

- Whistler isn't exactly cheap, but for the quality of the room and the service, the Sundial
Boutique was very reasonably priced.
- The room was wonderful, but not spacious. If you're trying to fit a family of four or more,
it would be a little crowded.
- Underground parking is available but it's an additional $20/day. Even that can't really
be a complaint, as other places in Whistler charge the same or more.
- Being centrally-located in the village means that you hear a lot of the noise from the
plaza, so weekend nights can get a little noisy.

I hope to visit Whistler again, and when I do I'll definitely prefer this hotel. I really had to hunt to find any criticisms for this hotel, and they were all pretty minor. Overall, I would highly recommend Sundial Boutique.

Room Tip: if you book a mountain-view room, call and ask about availability of a room with a balcony
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for three nights of our two week west coast tour. We booked a summer special that gave us one night free for booking three nights, which made this stay quite affordable for us. An extra $20 per night is required for parking at any of the Whistler Village hotels.

This is a beautiful hotel right in the heart of the action next to both the Whistler and Blackcomb gondolas and all the shops and restaurants. We had a one bedroom suite on the 5th floor with a full kitchen, fireplace and a small (1 person) balcony. Our suite was clean, spacious, modern and beautiful with a great view of the mountain. The hotel has a small rooftop hot tub, which we did not use. There is no swimming pool but guests are provided with access to the pool at one of the Sundial’s sister hotels, which we again did not use. Being in the heart of the action also means noise in the evenings from the surrounding bars. This did not bother us at all because we were exhausted by days end and we are sound sleepers but this might be an issue for some. We would be happy to stay here again.

We loved our first Whistler experience! We did the Peak to Peak gondola and the open chair life to the summit. You can easily spend the entire day hiking around the top so I found the fee for the peak to peak to be of good value. The views from the top were, of course, spectacular! We also visited Lost Lake for some hiking and a brief (very cold!) swim. There were tons of shops and restaurants along the village stroll to occupy the evening hours.